1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Hydro Dipped Bezels!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Jun 27, 2011.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I had my dash bezels hydro dipped ny a company called Triadhydrograhix in Peroia Arizona. He charged me $120.00 for the 4 parts. I am planning on having the lower dash panels and the two glove box doors done in a black carbon fiber next.

I will have the bezels on Wednesday so I will try to get a picture of them installed later in the week.

They werent given any clear coat in this picture so when I have them installed they will have some nice shinny clear coat!

imagejpeg952.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sweet! That'll look cool all put together.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good. Is that gray and black?
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It almost looks like camo. How will this hold up over time and is it perm?? Looks sweet!!!
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great. You planning any kind on lighting inside the cab to accentuate the theme? x2 on Ajarman's question, what is hydro dipped?
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

those are sweeet....wanna see them on the truck now..
  7. sstoner911

Its a black base coat then the film over that. When that picture was taken there wasnt any clear coat on them yet. They will get several coats of automotive clear tomorrow.

This is the same process as when they camo a gun or bow. Google " hydro dipping"...there will be several videos...then can do wheels and even engine parts.
    It is permanent unless you wanted to sand them down. They clear coat them with automotive clear. So the durability is like a paint job I guess. They told me they can do auto parts and it will hold up to 500 degrees.....so just about anything except headers etc...

ya some new LED interior lights are planned! Google "hydro dipping" for some cool videos.....
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

That is pretty sweet. Did you pic the design? If so did they have a bunch or designs to pick from?
  9. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

looks good man! Creative idea!!!
  10. sstoner911

Yes, they have thousands of films to choose from...most shops dont carry every film but the one I choose was a new design and the ordered it from the supplier.

This is one supplier of films etc...they have a list of fils and samples on thier site

http://twnindustries.com/