1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Hydro Dipped Bezels!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by sstoner911, Jun 27, 2011.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

After I read this last night I googled the hydro dipping process. It said it took like 3 to 4 weeks to get it done. Did it take you that long to get your stuff back? I saw one pattern that looked like snake skin that came in a brushed aluminum color that I may look into. Let us know how the durability is of this stuff.
  2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The problem I ran in to was that there is nobody in Tucson that does it. There is a place here that builds custom rock crawlers and 4x4's that is in the process of training their staff and getting the hydro dipping equipment. But they are a month or more out before they start offering it to customers.

I got quotes from companies in Texas and back east and they quoted 3-4 weeks. Mainly because you had to ship them the item - so it could take a week to ship if you sent it ground. Then they would have to ship it back.

I did finally find to places in phoenix... Fesler Built is a custom hot rod shop in Scottsdale and they quoted me 3 weeks - Triad quoted me a week and a half and thats about what it took.

If you can find someone local and depending on their work load - might take less time. The process is simple - they sand the part, etch it, apply base coat, dip, and finally add a clear coat.
  3. sstoner911

Bezels installed!

Ok, got the bezels Wednesday and installed them that night. I ended up taking the 2 lower plastic parts off and the 2 glove box doors to have him do them in a black carbon fiber....should have those back the weekend of the 8th!

2011-06-29_17-06-56_970.jpg 2011-06-29_17-06-27_116.jpg 2011-06-29_17-06-36_298.jpg
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those look awesome. I can't wait to see the carbon fiber.
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Wow that looks awesome, I might have to get my dash bezel hydrodipped now lol.
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is one cool mod! I like it a lot, adds a real custom touch.
  7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I like the pattern you chose Sstoner. Saw that process for the first time on American Chopper where they did a mc gas tank. Hard to understand how it works but sounds pretty durable
  8. sstoner911

It seems as durable as any paint job, I was concerned with putting the 2 power plugs back in the radio/AC bezel because the snap back in really hard. Even with some pressure to get them snapped in the finish never chipped or scratched around the edge where they go.
  9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

that looks awesome:great:. cant wait to see when you get the other pieces back. definately a cool mod
  10. Swatchvy

Swatchvy Rockstar

That looks awesome! I never knew the process was called hydro dipping and now I think I might have to look into it. Way to get creative.:great: