My IP address is banned - I believe

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Strino78, Apr 25, 2012.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I added you to the whitelist on the server, you should be able to get on. I think we have to block the IP address of someone that must have been up around you, I will check into this more and see if we can clear that out if it's still a threat. You're the first person to ever report something like this so not sure what the protocol is, we're going to be tracking at 500,000 unique visitors per month pretty soon and that includes a small number of spammers and hackers that otherwise want to do bad things.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

I think that IP addresses was listed as being part of a group of blocked IPs that were downloaded to the server, so not sure who had that IP before you, but it was on my server as being banned, so not sure what's up with that.

2. Strino78

Strino78 Member

I am able to login, thanks! Again... no hard feelings on my part, and hopefully none on yours. Its very hard to convey a "joking" tone, without having to announce it.. in text. So I hope no offence was taken. I appreciate the time and effort you put into making this community available to us all.

I'm sure I was one of those one-off situations that only occur on a leap year.... hahaha

3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

good to see thsat you got a resolution and are up and running.