GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

My K1500

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by SledHead, Jul 11, 2009.

1. SledHead

SledHead New Member

This is my 98 Silverado i have not done much to it so far. Valence has been removed,CB installed,Custom dents in the bumper :rofl:.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thats a pictures of my grill i painted with bedliner
  2. SledHead

SledHead New Member

3. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul New Member

nice custom dents... thats sweet.. how much that run ya?
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

That grille came out really nice for the bed liner stuff, my grille on my S-10 is fading real bad and I was looking for an idea like this. Did you spray that coating on, OR did you use a kit like Herculiner on it? The truck is in real good shape though compared to what I see up here in Ohio, a little rust on the doors but nothing that can't be fixed. :great:
  5. SledHead

SledHead New Member

ya i used the rustoleum kind because the duplicolor stuff is to shiny for me. i used a whole can on it i think it was 3 or 4 coats. its really easy to do. ya the dottom of the door is a lot worse than it looks but i think once i de trim the truck im going to debline the bottom of the truck from where the top of the trim is now. the dents were free for me beacuase the PO did all of the other than the one in my rear bumper from a parking pole last night lmao
  6. SledHead

SledHead New Member

my grill was chipping and peeling so all i really did for prep was wash it and sand the peeling and chipped parts and that was it its holding up real good and when ever i wash my truck i use eagle one tire gel on a tire swipe and it gets its rich black color back with little to no shine.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Thanks for the heads up on the paint stuff, I might try it because my grille is basically junk from seeing 9 hard winters with lots of salt. It made your grille look like you bought a brand new one, excellent job I think. :glasses:
  8. SledHead

SledHead New Member

thank you and your welcome if you have any other questions just let me know and i will try and answer them. i had a guy ask me at auto zone where i go my grill and i said i got it here, he goes how much did you pay i told him i think it was 10 bucks. i then told him it was bedliner on a stock chrome grill. ya it holds up real well i took those pictures today after i detailed my truck the grill has seen about 2k with the paint and a few wheeling trips and still looks like its new.
  9. kgibson181

kgibson181 New Member

Man nice truck cant wait to see some pics of it with the 3inch RC lift and tires. Be sure to post some pics!
  10. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

Nice truck, but really nice tires. I install those on a lot of F-250's and Chevy 2500's and 1500HD's. Those are great, great tires.
  11. SledHead

SledHead New Member

ya they came on the truck and their brand new cant complain with brand new tires and some of the best 2 boot
  12. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

heck yeah. I would love to put a set of Michelins on my truck, but I'm just a poor college student right now...
  13. SledHead

SledHead New Member

im a poor hs student im with ya i could never afford to put another set on
  14. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

lol, well at least we are on the same level. I just moved into my apartment, so now I can't even afford a nice set of rims for my new truck... :frown:
  15. SledHead

SledHead New Member

:( that sux im putting all my money ito fixing whats seems to be like everything. still need power steering. but for rims for my truck im just bedlining mine, cheap and if i dont like it i can hopefully get them podwer coated
  16. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

I've already done a lot of fixing to my GMC, and I mean A LOT! Both my brothers drove it b4 I got my hands on it, and they didn't take care of it at all. All I know is thank God I worked at jiffy Lube when I first got the truck, other wise I would have sunk probably $300 just changing all the fluids, I mean, the atf was brown for God's sake. I could literally see the power steering pump because it was so low on fluid. The antifreeze resevoir was empty, rear diff was half empty, NONE of the grease fittings had grease in them. The blue specialty air filter was brown. It took two times of using K&N air filter cleaner to get it back to blue. That was just the drive train stuff. Theres probably the same amount of writing if I included the interior and exterior.
  17. SledHead

SledHead New Member

i have had the truck for 2 months i have put a wiper motor in, two new batteries because i have dual batteries. now i need a new power steering pump and prob the steering box to i hope i dont but i probably will and while im doing those im going 2 put in new lines, i think i need new sway bay end links but im waiting till i lift it, my rear bumper is rotted everywhere except the last 3 inches on each side, and my tailgate is now flaking off and the first foot on the left side of it is rotted. gatta love new england. my freinds say if i didnt have horrible luck i wouldnt have any at all. and i guess that really is the case
  18. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

lol, seems like we both have some bad luck. The power steering pump isn't too bad. The hardest part is pulling the pulley off. I changed the power steering pump on my dad's old 95 C1500 way long ago. The only mistake I made was trying to change the pump without a pulley puller. But this is all said in vein if you happen to get you hands on a pump with the pulley already attached. And for the lines, make sure you get actually line wrenches, they are basically the closed end of a combo wrench, but with a slot cut out of it.
  19. SledHead

SledHead New Member

ok thax for the tips much appreciated. and seeing how im in new england its probably going 2 be even harder to get everything off
  20. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member

use a penetrating oil, like PB Blaster, let it sit over night. Then if they still don't break, use some heat, preferable a heat gun since you don't want to use an open flame around the flammable power steering fluid.