1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My latest 1960 Land Rover project (Lots of Pics)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by dsfloyd, Sep 5, 2013.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I love seeing them in movies and stuff (the old ones and their predecessors the Defenders). Another classic (well not sure how classic) is The Gods Must Be Crazy. I always point them out to the wife when they are in stuff.

Yeah the electrics are basic. Think it only had like 4 fuses. We put a lot more in when we re-wired the whole thing. Switching the generator to an alternator (62 Nova alternator i believe) wasn't hard just had to fab some brackets. The carburetor is from an early 60's gm inline 6 truck. Also would take one from a tempest in that range.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha projects are fun when you have time and money. Unfortunately I typically have neither.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That project looks incredible! Seriously, that looks like a lot of fun.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Fun and frustrating. It's done too much sitting and needs a lot more work. Time and money aren't there but what's new.

I finally replaced aced the master cylinder but I'm still not building pressure. I'm getting it at the master as there was plenty when I bled that. But I can pump for days and nothing. I know I need to replace the wheel cylinders and maybe one is leaking. I didn't see any fluid at the bleed screws but they may be leaking inside the drum at this point. The rubber lines could be expanding too. My plan was to do the brakes and suspension stuff next summer but that means it sits for 8 months again. At least I can get it running every now and then to move all the other fluids around