1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new 1300 dollar Burban!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by 07XCSB, May 4, 2012.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've always really liked those old Suburbans, especially with some tasteful mods! Very jealous!
  2. 07XCSB

07XCSB Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Thanks again yall.

Here's what I got so far. 4" front springs, 4" ORD rear shackle flip w/NOS spings,14B SF 6 lug rear with detroit locker, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50s, new headliner, new rubber mat instead of carpet kit, headers, true duals, and a cowl hood. After I get it riding right, I plan to do the body work and give it a paintjobs. I'm hope this will be a fast budget friendly build.
  3. Ape

Ape Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Where'd you get the new headliner? I've looked around a bit and the retro fit ones tend to be a bit pricey. :-/
  4. 07XCSB

One of the guys I ride Jeeps with owns an upholstery shop. If I take it down and clean the headliner board of the old stuff, he'll put material on it for the cost of the material and 20.00 bucks.
  5. Ape

I know I don't know you......But I now hate you! lol
  6. 07XCSB

Take down your headliner board and clean the old crap off and call a couple of local shops to see what the will put new material on it for you. They shouldn't charge to much.
  7. Ape

To be honest I thought about an upholstery shop, but I made the assumtion that it would be as expensive or more so than buying the retro stuff from the aftermarket company's. So instead I just planned on buying some material and doing it myself to see how well it comes out. But now that you mention it, I guess I could make some calls and see if my assumtions were wrong.
  8. 07XCSB

According to Ken, Taking it down, cleaning up the board,and reinstalling is the expensive part. I will let you know how much material was needed and the cost of the material next week, to give you an idea on cost for yours.
  9. Ape

Sounds good, thanks 07!
  10. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Good lookin burn I'm picking up a 65 burb on Friday for my next project