My new best friend

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bry2500, Mar 11, 2009.

1. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

[​IMG]
    I Had to check my brakes yesterday and rotate my tires. Well when I went to take the rear tires off they were stuck solid to the hub. I tried it all, setting the truck back down with the lugs loose, BFH, an even bigger BFH, 8 foot 2x4 under the tire ( not recommended, felt like the truck was gonna fall off the stands). WD-40 didn't do squat. Finally wile looking around the basement for the next thing I could use I came a cross a can of PB blaster Penetrating Catalyst. My brother-in-law is a small engine mechanic and he swears by this stuff. I am sorry that I never gave it it's due respect. Sprayed it around the hub and in the lug holes, let it sit for a few minutes and Tada the tires came off with minimal leverage required. I'll tell you this much, WD-40 is out the window now.

I should have left the tires on though because now I know I need brakes. Maybe there is a upgrade in my near future. I have to run it by Bank of The Wife, to see if the funds are available. ​

2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:lol: I'll be a member of that bank soon. Right now I'm with Bank of Fiancee. She's been good at approving my upgrades so far. We'll see if that changes.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We love PB Blaster at my house too, when we did the rear drum brakes on my S-10. We had to use that stuff to get them to unfreeze from the axle, along with the pullers it worked like a charm! :glasses:

4. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I love PB. I keep about 5 cans around the house at all times.

5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

withtout pbblaster my jeep would still not be lifted. i soaked the bolts for 4 days before even thinking about touching them