Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

My New Goodyear Wrangler Territory Tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Bigbomber, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

View attachment 24388 Picked these up today for a really good price of $202.00 each Canadian.They are regular $270.00 each.I was going to go 285s but decided to jump the 1 size from 245s to 265s.They are LT 265/70R17" Load range E.I also received a 5 year tire warranty for $27.00 and believe me i've used this stores warranty many times and its well worth it.Alston it won't be long before i get these mounted ,probably 2 weeks.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those bad boys are going to look AWESOME!!!

Get those things mounted with the quickness and post some pics!!!

PS: That is a great deal you got on those tires.

3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Those look great. Let us know how you like them on the truck and after a ride.

4. Bigbomber

Thanks for the compliments guys.I read over 30 reviews on these tires from people all across Canada and they all raved about how great these things are in the snow,i also liked hearing that they are pretty quiet on the highway compared to most MT tires.Funny thing is i could have bought the 285s for 4 $s less per tire.

5. ajarman

NNBSDS FTW!!

4 bucks less for bigger tires.....what sense does that make?

6. Bigbomber

I know!! Same load range and everything.I would have bought them but i was afraid i would have rubbing issues like you did and i need to crank my wheel alot as my parking space is tight and the back lane is narrow where i live.It has also been bloody cold here the past 2 weeks (- 40 celsius) so the last thing i need is to have problems and be under my truck in that kind of weather.Once these are done,i will be buying 285s,but i'll make sure i put them on in the summer.

7. ajarman

I really lke those GY's so I am going to want an update once they are installed and how you like them after a couple thousand miles. The more I look at these they kind of remind me of my old DuraTrac's mixed with the GY Authority. Are the Territory's only for Canada?

8. Bigbomber

They are made exclusively by Goodyear for Canadian Tire (where i purchased them from)I tryed to find them on the Tire Rack site before i purchased them,then found out from the saleman at Canadian Tire that they are only available in Canada.I will let you know what they are like after a thousand kilometers,but that may take awhile as my truck only has 9,000 Kilometers on it (5,600 MILES)since i purchased it in september of 2009

9. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Your truck came with 245's from the factory? Aren't those a bit small for a half ton pickup or did mine just come with upgraded tires when I bought mine?

10. Bigbomber

I was told by GM that they will switch between 245s & 265s on the 17" rims often,so yes my truck came with 245s from the factory.