My new HID's

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Mean_Green_95, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Got some HID's off of eBay for a little bit less than $40 shipped. They are Truss brand, and I couldn't find any bad reviews, and the seller had >99% feedback, so I said why not. I got 6000k, even though he had them listed as 6500k. For some reason I can't upload images right now, but so far they are great.

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How bad were they to hook up??? You should have done a write up for someone like me who has no clue about this HID craze but want them..

3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Make a write up for sure!

4. Mean_Green_95

I'll get some pics of how I installed them tomorrow. I thought someone would have done a how-to already. My kit was a complete plug and play. The hardest part was finding a good place to put the ballasts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I finally figured out how to add my pics.

5. murdog94

How much brighter are they in real life?? because im getting tired of my sucky factory headlights.

6. Mean_Green_95

At least twice as bright. Probably much more than that. They have a wider viewing range also. I had to adjust the left headlight over to the left to get a complete coverage of the street. In the night time pic. my truck was pointed to the left of the car at the wall. If my stock lights had been in you wouldn't have been able to see any of the stuff on the sides.

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

They look great.That is a really good price.

8. murdog94

Wel i guess ill have to look into a kit for the next truck (the blazer wont get another penny spent on it i actually cant wait to be rid of it) in march or so i just wonder how they will do in the extream cold and rough roads up here in MN.. well i guess i get to find out woohooo!

9. Mean_Green_95

I'd search the web for reviews on any HIDs in the extreme cold. It doesn't get cold around here, and if it does it's only for a few days.

I'm gonna try to snap some pictures tomorrow, I didn't get off work till after dark today.

10. MoveOver4Z

MoveOver4Z Member