1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

my new look

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by clgoch187, Nov 13, 2013.

1. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

A few months ago I had a brake line bust and rearended a minivan so none the less here's how I spent the insurance check. I paid $0 out f pocket so I think I did pretty good. My $1950 insurance check paid for a cowl hood, new grille, bumper brackets, parking lights, both light mounts, street scene ss bumper cover, paint, all for new calipers, and a Gibson stainless dual cat back.

https://db.tt/cgaLbJ0D

https://db.tt/48VcBo33
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Thats solid! Looks great.
  3. clgoch187

Thanks, my boss was kinda questioning me on the ss bumper cus of the two tone but I love it. Hopefully the spring I can color match the rear bumper and two tone the tail gate for wrap around. And I've been thinking about painting the grille frame too....the wife says its muck chrome, but once it painted you can't go back.
  4. Conlan Rose

Instead of painting you plastidip your grill. Its a paint like product but if you decide you don't like it it peals off no problem.
  5. clgoch187

Ithought about dipping it, I've got some here,but I want it to match my truck. My trucks color is kinda hard to desct, but its a blueish charcoal I guess...the code 805k dark spiral grey metallic. Idk if it would work to spray color over the plasti dip so that I could peel it off if I didn't care for it.
  6. Conlan Rose

I'm unsure, but you could see if you could talk to a person from plastidip and ask them about it.
  7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Looks great
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I like it.......Nice touch...
  9. clgoch187

Thanks, I'm glad to see some positive comments here since I haven't been on the forums in a while....and last I remember it was kinda turning into a haters club lol. Can't help but notice that it looks like ROM and many of the other games and contests have dropped off, but the layout looks good so that's one thing
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I wish I knew that you may have been looking for that color paint. I had a quart mixed at GM laying around for a few months. I could not get rid of it. I finally sold it to some guy on craigs list for $10. It cost over $100