Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

my new look

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by clgoch187, Nov 13, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

ouch. That hurts.
  2. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Paint is no big deal, I'm a painter at one of largest body shops in my area. All the paint and supplies for my hood and bumper only came to $299 at the shops cost and ive got plenty of left over base in both colors for the grille and touch ups.
  3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

DUDE THERE'S A COP BEHIND YOU!!!!!!

lol.. ok now that it's out of my system.. truck looks friggin sick!
  4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

lol I hadn't noticed that before
  5. clgoch187

No po po. Its the fire chiefs ride. But thanks for the heads up
  6. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Crown vic with lights = police car to me no matter the paint scheme haha!
  7. clgoch187

Think I'm sticking with all chrome on the grille, its really grown on me. And I'm gonna dip the wheels black as a test run for wheel color since the corrosion on the aluminum is allowing the beads to leak a bit
  8. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Truck is looking good, keep up the good work!
  9. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

You can, it comes off crusty. Although you need to use at least 2 cans of the dip. you need to layer it on thick so that the paint just sticks to the p-dip. too thin of a coat and you will never get the paint off.

If its thick just tap it with the back of a screwdriver or a small hammer to crack the paint, and it comes off like a hard boiled egg shell.
  10. clgoch187

Good to know. I've seen people clearcoat the pd and it holds up to pressure washing soi knew the adhesion was good but I was a little sceptical about the removal..

Ans I've got a gallon from alsa corp, sprays out of a gun instead of a spray bomb so getting the edges and tight spots should be a lot easier