1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new project

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ponybullitt, Feb 26, 2009.

1. ponybullitt

ponybullitt New Member

I obtained a 1990 454ss from my uncle. It has been in the family since it was new. I traded him my 86 6" lift suburban on 35's with a 327. I tore it all down a couple months ago and began painting and doing a partial restore. It's lowered 4 and 6 and has bags in the rear for overload. The truck has a msd, doug thorley headers, dual 3" with 40 series flowmasters and a gear vender for adding overdrive. It should be a fun project.

454torndown1.JPG
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cool! good luck with the project & keep us updated with pics of how it's going! :great:
  3. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Yeah def keep us posted...awesome project
  4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

that sounds like a fun project to me!
  5. ponybullitt

ponybullitt New Member

I have the frame done. I put new cab corners in, drivers rocker, new doors. My uncle put a custom bench seat in it when he bought it new so I have the original buckets going back in it. They are in brand new condition. Mechanically the truck is perfect, however he isn't so good at the whole cleanliness thing. It spent its whole life on a dirt road and has been parked for 3 years. Next winter I will do the motor, low miles on it but I want to bump it to around 400hp.
  6. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds like a great project!
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

i always wanted one of those!! keep us posted!
  8. 06piney

06piney Rockstar 100 Posts

Good Luck and let us know how the project comes along!
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

very cool project!
  10. ponybullitt

ponybullitt New Member

update on project

Almost done!

Attached Files: