My new ride:And how do i find out what transmission it has?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Mike Hill, Mar 11, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Mike Hill

Mike Hill New Member

On Sunday I bought this:

I live in Norway,things are expensive.I paid $20K in US Dollars for this ride.1998 model,6.5 Turbo 70K miles.

I want to order all the Filters from the States,as well as a Transmission filter and Turbo timer.

This is the VIN 3GNEK185XXG108537

I would like to know how to find the information that allows me to get the correct parts from the States first time.

Thankyou.

Mike

Attached Files:

2. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member 100 Posts

looks great....nice tires
  3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

$20,000 USD??? For that kind of money everything should be brand new on it. Im confused on that dollar amount for that year and milage. Nice vehicle dont get me wrong but here in the states you wouldnt be paying no more than $10k for that truck and thats even stretching it.

Anyways you should be able to find some codes possibly in the glove box that will indicate what the vehicle has for options. You then will need to look the codes up which I believe can be found on this forum.(I have seen posts about them from time to time.)
  4. Mike Hill

Mike Hill New Member

I understand your confusion regarding the purchase price.This is because the average wage here in Norway equals about $90K USD per year.

Also large cars attract more Tax when they are imported.For example a Chevrolet Heavy Duty pickup will run you about 200 Thousand Dollars brand new.

Here is a link to a website with many cars for sale.

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/browse1
  5. Nester6662

Nester6662 New Member

Mike there's tons of online dealers that will ship to you. You may want to google that as for the ppl here I'm not 100% sure but if you join a Chevy club of some kind I'm sure ull get tons a help in ppl going in themselves and shipping u the parts. I have plenty a friend in OZ, Jap, China, ETC but that because I knew them threw diecast collection then joined other car forums once they get to knw u. Ull learn there's a lot more ppl out there shilling a help u than u can imagine best a luck
    Nester
  6. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I bet he could buy and have it shipped but I bet there will be a tax that he will have to pay. Still probable save a couple of grand. I bet they (Country) has something like that covered so they don't loose to much money.
    Mike, welcome to the club:great:
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Go to this site and sign up for the free 24 hour trial. http://www.compnine.com/vid.php , they used to be completely free, but now they only give you 24 hours free. Put your VIN in and it will give you every option it came from the factory with. I did the 24 hour trail. Then, copy and pasted it into MS word and printed it, so now I will have it. There are sites like GMpartsclub.com that you can give your VIN to and they will make sure you get the correct parts for your truck.