1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by aloxdaddy99, Jan 20, 2013.

1. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have been talking about buying new tires for my truck for almost a year. Well I finally pulled the trigger. I bought a set of Interco Truxus M/T's. In 33X12.5X18.

2013-01-19_17-36-17_865.jpg
  2. silverhobey

silverhobey Member 100 Posts

love the treads on them...are they on stock rims, cause I want to go
    bigger tires without changing rims ??? thanks...Brian
  3. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Oh I like that. I like that a lot.
  4. aloxdaddy99

Yes stock rims. They rub a little on the sway bar when at full lock.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

looks great dude!

what was the price, hows the road noise?

Alex
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looking real good!!! I always thought the Truxus tires howled on the highway, but they have always been on Jeeps though. I have to buy tires here shortly, and I am dreading it because of the cost lol!!
  7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Spacers....
  8. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

You could always add a small wheel spacer to help with the rubbing on the sway bar
  9. aloxdaddy99

I don't think they sing a lot. Of course I do hear it more than the stock tires but not enough to bother me. Price was higher than the other option I was concidering which was the Duratrac.
    I am not a fan of wheel spacers. It doesn't rub enough for me to worry about it. I am still making adjustments to my coilovers. I want to get those fine tuned before I even think about using a spacer. I am still looking into the new Fabtech 4" kit. I like the price, Fabtech has a good rep and the height it perfect for me.
  10. jake's silverado

jake's silverado New Member 100 Posts

I can't wait until I can buy new tires... When I had my 2009 I just had to have new tires so I bought new summer rims and tires and mounted winter tires on the OE rims.
    Sold the truck before even seeing them on my truck! My wife will not let me forget that one!
    I'm so envious!:great:

I have to stop reading these kind of threads..." Hey I got new tires!"

Did I say I like what you've done!