1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My (new to me) truck toolbox

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by TELORVEHC, Aug 7, 2011.

1. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

First some background info.....About a month ago my friend's dad traded in his 2001 Silverado 2500hd CCLB for a Chevy HHR, not quite sure what persuaded him to do so but he claimed he didn't need such a big truck any more and that the cost of filling up the truck was getting too costly, so he traded it in. Before he did so, he took off all the aftermarket items he purchased for the truck. One of them happened to be a plastic Delta toolbox he had, nothing fancy but it worked. Long story short, he gave me the toolbox for free and now it resides in my truck. It was a little rough around the edges when I first got it but after hosing the toolbox off and cleaning it with some Simple Green followed by a healthy application of Armor All, it looked almost new :rules:

Also, the toolbox is bolted to rails attached to my BackRack, so I didn't have to drill into my truck's bed.

[​IMG]

I also like how there's some space underneath the toolbox, so I can still fit long items in the bed and more crap underneath the toolbox lol.
    [​IMG]

Not a big fan of the gullwing-style lids but ehh, it was free so I'm not gonna complain.
    [​IMG]

Just a few of the tools I have in the box, I also have a blanket, extra turn signal bulbs, fuses, wire connectors & terminals, zip ties, electrical tape, bungee cords, work gloves and some other stuff.
    [​IMG]

Overall I'm quite satisfied with my latest acquisition, though I do plan on upgrading to a nice diamond plate metal toolbox at some point in the future when funds allow.
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Any free truck part is always good!!:great:
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Free is the best! Looks good even if it wasn't free though.
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Looks good Telor & the price was certainly right. Gull wing doors aren't so bad. Makes it easier to get stuff in & out. Imagine having a single lid with rear pivot hinge. You wouldn't even be able to reach the center lock/latch without climbing in to the bed, unless you had arms as long as an orangutan :)
  5. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

ya free is always good!! i got a weather guard diamond plate box that fits down inside the rails from work for free. can't beat free!!!!