1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

My new toy...

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by moogvo, Apr 7, 2014.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I sold me '95 a while back. It was a long road and a hard decision to make. I put a lot of time and effort into the truck and it looked great. It was a hard decision to let it go, but the guy who bought it followed me around and called me every day wanting it... I was getting a bit fed up with it because it was starting to nickel and dime me for everything. I let it go and joined the world of gas sipping GM cars.

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my Olds Intrigue and don't have any plans to get rid of it anytime soon. I have missed having a truck since the day I let the '95 go to a new home. With it's V6/5 Speed drivetrain, it was fun to drive but was really underpowered. It struggled with my 5x8 enclosed trailer with mobile DJ gear in it.

So last week, the wife told me thaqt she wanted to start camping again, but that she didn't want anymore pop up campers. So we are in the market of r a 30' travel trailer and of course you KNOW I was all about finding something to pull it with. I was originally in the market for a 2500 or 3500, but every one of them I found was beat. They had been run hard since day one and it showed.

Now, I had towed a 30' travel trailer with my 2003 with a 4.8 about 5 years ago and it yanked it along like it wasn't even back there It was just a bit bouncy. That truck rode more like a car than it did a truck. With that in mind, I thought that a 1500 with it's 5.3 would be more than up to the task of handling such a job. This one rides like a 3500 and will really move. I was leary of the oversized tires robbing my torque but when I towed the intrigue home with it on a dolly, I knew it wasn't going to have any problems with bigger stuff.

So, with all of that being said, I am the proud (And I DO mean "PROUD") owner of this 2000 GMC Sierra SLT Z71. It is a MONSTER and has EVERY option except for Onstar. It has a 3" body lift. Normally, I don't care for a body lift, but it was obvious that this lift was done right. I picked it up cheap and brought 'er home. Meet "Big Bubba". The latest addition to the corral.

[​IMG]

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I wish you luck with your new truck! To bad you had to get rid of your OBS truck but that 2000 looks very clean and tough.

3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Very nice:great:. I used to have the 2000 Chevy z71. Its a great truck. Does yours have the autotrac or the floor shifter (thats what I had)?

4. moogvo

I'm not sure what autotrac is. I have a column shifter. It has the beefy center console and I am trying to figure out if it has a subwoofer inside. I know that some of them had one but the factory head unit is gone so I don't know what stereo it had without looking up the RPO codes... That is a project for another day.

5. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Do you have the push button 4 wheel drive (autotrac) or the 4wd shifter on the floor. I am assuming the push button if you have a big center console.

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Very nice Ride... Looks clean..:great:

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Sharp Looking Sierra, Very Nice.....:great:

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

grats on the truck moogvo!!!

Alex

9. moogvo

DUH! Yeah, I have push button 4x4. I am the sort that likes to have a shifter to grab onto but at this point and at the price I paid, I won't complain!

I found some rust on the rockers and suspect there is some behind the newly installed flares too. I will be ripping those off this weekend and having a look underneath. The rust on the rockers was covered up with vinyl so I didn't see it. No frame rust although it does look like the underside of the truck was recently sprayed with black undercoating... Ponderous.

10. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Congrats on the new ride! Bubba looks good!