1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new truck! 2011 GMC Sierra SLE Z71 stealth grey metallic

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Sierraowner5.3, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

thanks guys. thank you everyone! im extremly happy with the truck so far. have just over a hundred miles on it, since I picked it up, and im averaging right at 15 mpg. thats almost all on post tho, 20-30 mph tops. im 4 cyl mode with the cruze on flat ground the DIC claims 26ish mpg. thats at about 40 mph.

the old truck did 15.4 for a average. over a tank of gas. im hoping for mroe out of this one, but we will see. maybe with a cold air and a exhaust itll pick up a smidge. who knows.

thanks again everyone.

Alex
  2. Sierraowner5.3

just for giggles i looked at the dealer i bought the 11 from to see if they had my 05 listed yey, what do ya know, they do, and you can buy it for a cool 16k. not to bad of a markup considering the 13k they gave me for trade.

http://www.vikingbpg.com/VehicleDet...andard_Box_Work_Truck-Rochester-MN/1745893623

if you REALLY liked those rims I painted, here is your chance. lol. just thought id share this.

as an update, took it on about a 40 mile trip, averaged right at 20 mpg on rolling ground with the A/C on.

Alex
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

your old rims do look nice. But they should clean a truck before they put it up for sale.. Look at those wheel wells...
  4. Sierraowner5.3

I agree, it wouldnt have taken them 5 minutes to run it thru the car wash I KNOW they have there. I was rather amused they put the front air dam back on, I had taken it off and threw it in the bed when I traded it.

a well, not my problem. maybe sgtsjj will drive down from up north and buy it!

Alex
  5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member 100 Posts

HAHA, funny you posted your old truck on here Alex. Anyone remember my red 06' Silverado I had before my Sierra? The dealer I traded it into did the same thing they did with your old truck. They put the front air dam back on as well as the nerf bars, washed and waxed it, and put it up for sale for an 'INTERNET SPECIAL' price of a low $14,999! I couldn't believe it. I only paid $10,800 for the truck when I bought it a year and a half earlier, and traded it to them towards my sierra for $11k. I can't believe dealer markup is so terrible. My truck was nice, but not THAT nice. I personally feel that your old truck is worth close to that ($16k), if someone knocked them down to around $14.5-15k, thats a heck of a truck. Just thought I'd share.

EDIT: Just went to the dealer's site and I didn't see my old truck on there anymore! I hope to God someone didn't pay nearly $15k for a 6 year old 2wd V6 truck with 58k miles... but you never know..
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  6. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nice. You know trucks like ours look great even before mods are added.
  7. Sierraowner5.3

i agree man. the color of our trucks just pops.

Alex
  8. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

as i told you before you made the right choice in the upgrade bud
  9. Sierraowner5.3

hey all, have another pic for ya, also gonna use this as the build thread for my truck....

Alex

Attached Files:

10. Sierraowner5.3

digging this thread up for additions later, maybe some pics tomorrow.

animalyates its updating his, so it made me want to update mine.

Alex