1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new Truck (Avalanche) Camper...What do you think?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Enkeiavalanche, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

With it off I have a 8ft Bed I will now have a 10 Ft bed and be dry... DSCF1518.jpg DSCF1519.jpg DSCF1520.jpg DSCF1521.jpg DSCF1522.jpg Last year I had the hard top... Photo-0061.jpg Photo-0062.jpg Photo-0064.jpg
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Seeing that makes me glad I'm short. If I want to sleep in my truck I just push the seat belt latches out of the way (into the rear seat crevice) and sleep on the rear bench. I'm only 5'5" tall ... so I easily fit there when sleeping on my side (which is how I tend to sleep).

I also think you better park on an incline with the nose of the truck pointed downward ... so that water can't run from the front to the back of the truck and potentially run under the tent addition (where it meets your top) and drip on you from within it.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Never had a problem with rain Have used the same tent for 2 Tahoes and 1 Avalanche SO... From 95 when I had my first Tahoe I used it.. Wow I'm getting old.. But it has a long cover over the top which is held down with the bungees good.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

looks cool. I have pulled the third row out of the yukon xl and then folded the second row flat. As of now it is plenty of room for my wife, two kids and I. We stay dry and warm!
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Well it worked good in wind and COLD.. 40's Fri night.. Kept the heat in.. DSCF1605.jpg DSCF1606.jpg DSCF1550.jpg DSCF1551.jpg DSCF1552.jpg DSCF1554.jpg
  6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Glenn ( [MENTION=34858]Enkeiavalanche[/MENTION] ), have you looked at the GM, or 3rd party, tents for the Avalanche?

I had a lead on a used one last year and it fell through. After a little looking, it appears (to me) that the GM tent does not let you use the midgate, the tent has a wall where the midgate is. The GM tent also has a floor.
    I have looked at 3rd party tents that appear to be open at the midgate, so the inside of the truck becomes part of the tent space. These don't seem to have a floor.
  7. Enkeiavalanche

I have a Coleman SUV air mattress plus a BedRug for the ground and a Comfy sleep..As for the bed a 10 foot bed x 4ft has got plenty of room.. for 2 and Gear...[​IMG]
  8. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I picked up the GM tent used from a family friend a couple years ago. It extends to the end of the tailgate to give you the 10' long area like Enkei's. I also like having the floor. The midgate part is a tent door - you can have it up to have the tent closed off from the cab or have it down so that it is open.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Post up some good pics inside and Out....
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

40's? What heat??? LMAO!