1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My new Truck (Avalanche) Camper...What do you think?

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by Enkeiavalanche, Apr 28, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. pmf608

pmf608 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm heading out camping for May long weekend (Victoria Day here in Canada) not this weekend coming up but the next one. I always forget to take pictures of the Avalanche tent while I'm camping but I'll try to remember to take some and post them up here.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ran it for a bit before bed then when I woke up I remote started it did not want to get out of my sleeping bag :lol: to warm it up a bit..
  3. pmf608

:lol: isn't that great? That's what I do with mine when it gets cold
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

@pmf608, good info, I've been holding off on the GM version not knowing about the front door.

Haha, yeah, but in Canada, 40F is summer weather.
  5. pmf608

:lol: some days I wish that were true. I own a landscaping business and work from 8:00am to 6:00pm in the summer. I just started up for the summer and we are in the 30C+ range right now (thats 90F+ for those of you south of here). Once you get into the swing of work for the day and warm up a bit, 40F would be nicer to work in that 90F.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Ouch... Not in that weather......:lol:
  7. pmf608

It's crazy when you think about our range of weather we get every year. We go from below -30C (-22F) in the winter and in the summer we have days about 30C (90F). We go from freezing all winter to dying of heat for most of the summer.
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Your temp range may be a little more severe than New Brunswick's, but Canada can give us extremes. Interior NB goes from winter to summer in about 2 days and fall is about the same length.
  9. pmf608

That sounds like Canada :lol:. Spring and fall last like 2 days each and winter is usually 7-8 months.
  10. pmf608

I just came back from a weekend of camping and figured I would post some pictures of the factory GM tent for the avalanche. The last one shows the inside with the front tent door folded down so the tent extends the full length of the inside of the avalanche.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]