1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My other GM toy !

Discussion in 'Chevy Compact Cars (Aveo & Cobalt)' started by CHERRY GT, Feb 9, 2013.

1. CHERRY GT

CHERRY GT New Member

Hey all,
    This is my other GM toy, I know its not a Chevy, but close with a little better styling than the Cobalt. At least I think so :)
    Its a Pontiac G5 GT 2.4L VVT ecotec 4 cylinder, with a Bullseye S256et turbo running 10psi with 10.4-1 compression.
    Dyno'd before any real good tuning was done @10psi= 272whp & 276wtq. Very very fun car to drive. Been taking her to the strip
    and trying to learn to tune (still need lots more help), best 1/4 mile run so far is 13.6 @ 100. Hoping with some better tuning I can get it into the 12's.
    This is the reason I bought my 2000 Silverado to tow the G5, instead of driving it to the strip, might break some thing on her and be stuck there, lol. Here she is.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Take the seats out? Lose some LBS?
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Beautiful looking car!!

Do the drag slicks help a lot, and does it make the torque steer really bad?? Just curious because I have an HHR SS, and I was thinking about taking it out to the track and I might buy some slicks for it.
  4. CHERRY GT

CHERRY GT New Member

Thank You !
    The 8x24.5x15 slicks made a big difference. Turbo kicks in and just smokes the 235/45 street tires, lol. Had to grind about a 1/16" off the top of the caliper high spots to let the 15" rims fit, had 17" factory wheels, not sure how the HHR is set up.
    The torque steer is not any worse with the slicks at all but I'm running a 4T45E so there is some but not as bad as the manuals are.
    Have the greatest weekend possible !
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Looks fun. To bad you aren't in Ga every Friday I'm home we go to commerce drag strip. My buddy drives for year ones team. I've learned tons about drags from them. I've always been a track guy but I'm really starting to getting into the strip it's a lot cheaper and easier on my cobra. And the 65 has made a few passes
  6. new01xkrowner

new01xkrowner New Member

That's great, I go to the dragstrip when I can too.. A trailer is definately the way to go, and ask questions when you are there, you can learn alot from other racers. My 14 sec Olds has over the past 15 years turned into a 135mph 1/4 mile car! Good luck with your car!
  7. CHERRY GT

CHERRY GT New Member

Thanks,
    I'm hoping to make it to the strip in May to see what we can get out of it this year.
  8. mitch4x4

mitch4x4 New Member

Nice car, I have a SS\SC myself. I love these things. That g5 is a nice sleeper!