Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

my poor truck :-(

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by chilax, Jul 17, 2012.

1. chilax

chilax Rockstar

Friday July 6, at 4:30am my tranny let go on my way to work... Needs to be rebuilt or replaced :-( cheapest quote for rebuild was $1800... Cant find a decent 4l60e for my 2wd 4.8 2000 silverado for short money :-(

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Ouch brother that sucks. I have a feeling my trans is about to give out transfer case is on its way too. Front end needs a overhaul rear end may go out and front diff needs work....might just stick it out till I leave and buy a new truck when I get out of boot camp

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It's cheaper to rebuild than to buy new...

4. chilax

chilax Rockstar

Ya it's looking that way

5. chilax

chilax Rockstar

UPDATE!!!!

Trucks going up on the lift this week, worked out a deal with a guy to rebuild my tranny even trade for a grand cherokee I had sitting in my warehouse! So hopefully within the next week or 2 my baby will be back on the road! Now future plans within 6 months: 7in suspension lift, 35-38in tires, Flares, roll pan, and possible an SS front bumper. still pricing it all out for best deals, might even paint my girl if its in the budget!!

So pumped!

6. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

AWESOME! I got mine rebuilt for the cost of my '94 Isuzu Trooper! LOL! Make sure your guy is going to use the upgraded parts in the valve body and definitely the sprag, since that is a weak point!

7. chilax

chilax Rockstar

Love that people in this world are still willing to barter! I cant wait to get my truck back on the road! this kept me from the big meet up here this year that i really wanted to go to :( . Hopefully there ill be some fall/winter meets coming up! now i just have to figure out how im going to be getting a new born in and out of a truck with 11inches of lift... lol winch and pulley? haha

8. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I loved my Trooper and hated to see it go... I did have a chance to buy it back last year. It was beat pretty bad tho.

I sure do miss him!
    [​IMG]

9. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Chilax, sounds like you got a good deal there. Good luck with your new born. You will figure out how to get him/her up there. The winch sound like a good idea, lol

10. chilax

chilax Rockstar

moogvo- Ya I only let it the GC go because its just been sitting since I have the wife driving my 2000 limited GC now... cars cost to much to sit and watch them rot unused. good deal for me tho! haha

Curky- I did! i have had several people trying to buy my truck broken for cheap money for months but i just cant let her go haha. cant wait to get her rolling again!