My posts aren't showing?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Chuggo, Feb 7, 2013.

Newest Photos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuggo

Chuggo New Member

After I post something there is a message that it needs to be approved by a moderator. Will this happen to every post I make?
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm not sure what's causing it, but posts usually get moderated by users with less than 10 posts who have website links or odd code in them. This happens as a self-defense against spammers. I don't see anything particularly wrong with yours posts that would invoke this. However, once you hit 10 posts you're clear.

EDIT: I removed an extra pair of IMG tags from your signature just in case that was the issue.
  3. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member 100 Posts

not typically, i've only had it happen once to me and it was about a week ago, but i hit the back button and tried again and the post showed up the second time.

One thing i have a problem with occasionally is ill type up a full response and when i his post quick reply nothing happens, then a couple seconds later ill click it again and a message appears at the bottom of the screen saying that the website is not responding and it refreshes the page.. which means you have to retype every thing.

I always right click and copy all my posts incase this happens so if it screws up i can just paste my post back in the reply box instead of having to retype
  4. Chuggo

Chuggo New Member

Thanks for the response guys.
  5. Chuggo

Chuggo New Member

My post didn't show again....:grrrrrr:
  6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It looks like posts are disappearing again. I assume this is a bug with the website?
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'm assuming that since your last post on this thread was about 4 months ago, that your posting problem has been resolved. I also checked your profile to see if any posts got hung up in our anti-spam tool and did not see any. Please let me know if you are still having problems.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  8. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hummm. I must be mistaken, I posted this morning and the post is missing. I actually have a screen print of it where it posted correctly and I have a cached copy of it from google.

This site has some serious issues with its database or something loosing records.

I am sure I could figure out where the problem is with my background in networking and database structure if you guys that manage the site need some help. I am always glad to offer assistance to people in need when I can.

mfleetwood, I think you quoted the wrong post on this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.