1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My rant against HP Service!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I sent my laptop back into HP on 7/30 and I still haven't gotten it back!

It was suppoed to be a 3-5 day repair! This is now going on a 3 weeks!!!!!

I want my laptop back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Steve I have had great luck with HP. You should have just had them send you a new one, they sent me a new one, let me transfer my files and then send them the old one back.

But then it was under warranty.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

All the big laptop manufacturers are slow at repairs, unfortunately.
  4. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

we should have a rant section of gmtruckclub and have a special "steves rant of the day" post lol jmwy
  5. ChevyFan

don't get me started!

My laptop is just under 1 year old, so it's all under warranty. It's had a problem with the monitor since I pulled it out of the case in November of last year. I had to get the hard drive swapped out a couple of months ago and then the monitor went out.

Hopefully, I should get it back this week. I better, I mean. They said there were a lot of problems with it.
  6. 89suburban350

89suburban350 Rockstar 100 Posts

well at least its under warranty
  7. ChevyFan

It was supposed to have arrived today, NOPE it's not here!!!!!!!!!!!

I called HP and they said that they were sorry and that they would look into it, they transferred me and the call dropped. I finally talked to someone in India who looked into it and said he would take ownership of this issue and get it back to me asap. That was nice, I hope it comes pretty soon.
  8. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro Rockstar 100 Posts

I know how your feeling, i brought my 3 month old sony w810 cell phone in for repair, because it was calling ppl and such, and its been 8 weeks yesterday! i went in today and theyve finally said that the tech. wrote on my file that theyve replaced my handset! and i was like, took them 8 weeks to figure out that they had to replace it?? i coulda told you that the day you sold me it! and took off.
  9. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

HP takes a licking and stops ticking!

Sounds like the old laptop is taking a beating. Hard drive and the display in one year. Bought my wife a HP laptop last year and it has performed flawlessly. Of course she just leaves it sitting on the kitchen counter so it doesn't travel much. At work I use a Panasonic toughbook and it did well for two years until last month when the hard drive crashed and I lost all of my data. ....Yeah, yeah frequent backups would have saved a lot of grief..... The 19" monitor on my desktop was bbq'd last month by a power surge (didn't have it plugged into the surge arrestor) so I bought a 22" Viewsonic to replace it and a UPS to fend off future power problems. I bought a 750GB network drive so I have someplace to back everything up to.
  10. ChevyFan

Well, the first time I took the computer out of the box and fired it up, there were some strobing lines that appeared on the monitor. That was the first indication of problems. It ended up having major troubles apparently caused by the manufacturing process.

Anyhow, I gather it will be a whole new computer when I get it back. Hopefully it will be this week, or early next week at the latest.