GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

My sad news this week... Sorry....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Enkeiavalanche, May 10, 2013.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

[​IMG]I am sorry I have been out of it these past few days. First off many of my friends have enjoyed my jokes that I send and some don't, I have told you that some of the Funny's come from a good old friend/customer when I was in retail of mine she was 82 this year. Some of you may have even met her I used to take some friends up to her 200 year old house up in Cornwall on the Hudson, NY, I used to love to go up there and Just relax and enjoy the views. Well these past few years she has been very sick but that did not stop her. She still got around and even drove into the city to see her mother. (Who will be 101!! This Sat) She was Old but Nicole would tell the dirtiest jokes and always tell you about being a bathing suit model when she was younger. And I have seen the pics she was a looker.. If I bought a female friend up to her house she would always say Remember Glenn when you put on the Condom the Barbed Wire goes on the inside..[​IMG] Even if they were just friends..[​IMG] She is the one who back in 2010 I spent 4-5 hours digging her out of 3 ft of snow to bring her milk while getting my truck stuck on her drive way 4 times trying to get to her door where her and her Late Hubby were waiting..

She died last night after being on Life support for 2-3 days I last spoke to her about 2 weeks ago I made her call me every 2 days so I knew she was still around..[​IMG] I wish she was.. She will be missed.....

Anyway I could go on and on about her. I am told that a memorial will be help sometime next week...[​IMG]

2nd bad news is that my mother who is Blind, Fell down a flight of stairs at her friends house this week breaking 3 bones by her neck and some damage to her shoulder/arm. She is still in the hospital for 3 days now.. I will get more info tonight when my father gets home..

Sorry to bring the Sad news..

Thanks for being a friend..

Glenn

65 View attachment 51946 View attachment 51947 View attachment 51948 View attachment 51949 View attachment 51950 -=

2. Jaele

Jaele Member

Glenn, I am sorry for you loss, she sounds like a person i would have loved to meet.

I wish your mother a speedy recovery.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator

Sorry to hear the bad news Glenn, I always live by the thought no matter how bad things are right now better days are around the corner. Sometimes you may have to wait what seems like an extrordinarily long time but the wait always seems to be worth it.
    Good luck and hang on.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

My condolences on your loss of a friend, Enkei, and I hope your mother is able to make a full recovery without complications, soon.
  5. 95C1500

95C1500 New Member

Very sorry to hear about her passing an your mother. Stay strong...
  6. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member

Glenn,

Sorry for your loss. She sounds like a great woman. I hope your mom is ok and heals well.
  7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  8. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Sorry to hear of the loss. My family has been through our share of loss lately so I feel your pain there.
  9. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member

Sorry for your loss... you can have condolence in that she had a long life which has touched so many. Everyone's legacy in this world isn't what we left behind but the influences we've had on others.
  10. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Member

Sorry to hear about your loss Glen. Thoughts and prayers with you.
  11. Bighornkid

Bighornkid New Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. I hope your mother has a complete and fast recovery.
  12. silverhobey

silverhobey New Member

Suffice to say, Glen, we are all thinking about you. Brian
  13. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member

Glenn you've had a bad week, hang in.
  14. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member

I was gone all weekend, just read this. Very sorry for your loss and hope and pray that you'll find comfort in the memory of the good times.
  15. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Thanks everyone...:frown::frown: been a long week and now I gotta get some sleep gotta drive down to Md every night for my new job.. Update Mom is getting into a rehab today so I am told by my father..
  16. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator

OMG...I'm so sorry Glenn. Definitely thoughts and prayer and a speedy recovery for your Mom.

Sorry for the delay...was out for a short while too.
  17. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member

keep your head up, prayers will be with you all the way
  18. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Update time First off Thanks to all for your kind words and thoughts..

Mom is doing OK she will be home next week.. They are trying to teach her to walk with her Cane but she Just does not want to do it.. She has been blind for over 20 years and still does not do it right...:neutral:

As for my Dear friend that passed today is the Wake here is her info.. I only knew her for about 16 years and still did not know this much she was a Great person..

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]Jean- Nicole Ledoux
    (January 24, 1946 - May 9, 2013)
    [​IMG]
    Send Flowers Send Sympathy Gifts Send Sympathy Card
    Sign Guest Book | Send Private Condolences
    Jean-Nicole Ledoux of Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY and East Dorset, VT, died Thursday, May 9, 2013 in New York City. She was 67.
    Ms. Ledoux was the great granddaughter of Louis Palemon Ledoux, the first minister of the Cornwall Presbyterian Church, 1858 – 1865. She was Co-owner of the family business, Ledoux & Co.
    Ms. Ledoux was born in New York City January 24, 1946, the daughter of Louis Pierre Ledoux and Joan Fernegg Ledoux. She graduated from Dwight Morrow High School in Englewood, NJ, and the University of the Americas in Mexico City. She was extremely pleased recently to receive an honorary degree from Storm King School, which was founded by her ancestor, Louis P. Ledoux, in 1867.
    Jean-Nicole Ledoux was, among many other things, an accomplished photographer with a large portfolio of extraordinary work, mostly birds and nature. She was in the forefront of research in the Indiana Bats of East Dorset, VT working with the University of Vermont.
    Ms. Ledoux was a member of Mensa, the organization for people with extremely high I.Q.’s. She played Tournament Bridge and chess very successfully and enjoyed teaching others and sharing her knowledge.
    She had a lightening quick wit and was brilliant with all things internet and computer related, often sharing jokes and arcane knowledge with her many friends via the internet.
    Nicole and her late husband, Larry Levy, were very active and well loved in the Cat Showing world, breeding and showing Oriental Short Hairs. For decades, they showed their beautiful cats throughout the US and Europe winning many awards. Nicole and Larry were both great resources and mentors to many friends and devotees, coming up with new research and information. They were members of CFA, Cat Fanciers Association; TICA, The International Cat Association; and AACE, American Association of Cat Enthusiasts.
    Ms. Ledoux created the William Ledoux Memorial Fund at Cornell University Feline Health Center in honor of her favorite cat William. The Center is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of cats everywhere.
    Nicole had an abundance of friends from all walks of life. She rarely met a stranger and could talk to anyone about anything, and did. She was generous, loving, and animated.
    Jean-Nicole Ledoux is survived by her mother, Joan F. Ledoux of New York City, and her cousin Victoria Bucknall Silsby, Victoria’s husband Samuel S. Silsby, III, and their children Elizabeth N. Silsby, and Samuel S. Silsby, IV of Manchester, VT. She is pre-deceased by her husband, Larry Levy, her father L. Pierre Ledoux, and her brother, Louis André Ledoux.
    Relatives and friends are invited to attend her Memorial Service at Cornwall Presbyterian Church, 222 Hudson Street, Cornwall-on-Hudson, at 12:30 PM Thursday May 23, reception following.
    In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to The William Ledoux Memorial Fund, Cornell Feline Health Center, Hungerford Hill Road, Ithaca, NY 14853; The Storm King School, 314 Mountain Road, Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY 12520-1899; or The MDS Center, Columbia University Medical Center, 177 Fort Washington Ave., New York, NY 10032.

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]