My Silverado and S-10 Pictures

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by TRPLXL2, Jun 23, 2009.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well here is my new ride, 2005 2500HD Silverado w/6.0 & 4L60E transmission 2wd!

[​IMG]

The first thing to come off of the truck are those nasty black step bars, I am also getting rid of the toolbox so that I can put my A.R.E. truck cap on.

[​IMG]

I am going to buy another OEM grille to replace this one, only because I don't believe in hacking up my OEM parts that came with the truck. I am going to do a 4mm full billet grille, crossbar and bowtie delete! It is kind of like a full phantom grille, except you still have the outer shell painted to match the truck.

[​IMG]

Stock steel wheels with the chrome hubcaps, I absolutely hate these things! I used to have the one piece aluminum wheels on my old 2500HD, so that's what I am going to get for this truck. The dealer wants $2,000 brand new for them, and another place by me wants $1,500 for a full set of four. I didn't want to go with aftermarket wheels because of theft around where I work, and this will be my work vehicle too. I am still thinking about this scenario, any ideas????

[​IMG]

2. TRPLXL2

Here's my 2001 S-10 with the 4.3 V-6, and it has 54,000 miles and is currently broke!

[​IMG]

It is pretty much stock, except for a few goodies but I love it to death.

[​IMG]

I have a cowl induction hood for it in the garage, but I haven't had the chance to have it painted yet. It is a Goodmark 3" reverse cobra style hood, maybe this summer!

[​IMG]

This is a wonderful picture of my Prestone leak, this is what happens when you blow both head gaskets at the same time. I have since had the top end replaced, so this is an old stain in the driveway.

[​IMG]

Thanks for checking out my daily drivers, it just sucks having to start all over! But look at it this way, you guys get to watch me work my magic on the new truck! The S-10 stays how it is, I am at a happy medium with it.

3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Amy, I am sure you will do your best to amaze us with your truck. If I could afford new wheels and tires I would sell you my aluminum wheels for the price of a Volant CAI. I don't like them at all. But i do like them better than your steelies. You never know my anniversary is coming and the wife knows what I want.

4. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

2500 is lookin good.

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Finally pictures! Can't wait to see the evolution of your new truck, if it goes anything like your last ride it's going to be fun to watch!! Here's a link to the wheels your looking for, a little less than $2000!

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/CHEVY/SILVERADO/2005/

6. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looking good

7. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

both look great, can wait to see what you do with the front end of the silverado

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Now the real fun begins!

9. werty

werty Rockstar 100 Posts

cant wait to see it !!

10. TRPLXL2

Thanks guys for the support, I am going to really go off in a tangent on this truck. It is hard for me to try something new on this truck, because this will be my third one of this body style that I have had so it should be interesting. I know one thing parts for the 2500HD are more expensive than the 1500 trucks, but I have been saving all of my money so it should roll like butter.

Thanks Adam for the link, I will call them tomorrow and see what the condition of those wheels are. A lot of times those are repaired OEM wheels, or they are resurfaced and recleared. I can live with $250 a piece, that is a fair price I think. :great: