1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Sounds/ Custom Instal

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by ScReWs®lOoSe, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ScReWs®lOoSe

ScReWs®lOoSe Rockstar

Alright, I've been motivated to take a few pics of what I have hidden in my truck. Originally, i had these subs in the trunk of a car and loved them... went out bought the truck and wanted to stuff them in the back. Well, they make premade boxes to fit tiny little 10' week cheepy subs under the seats of the Crew Cab Silverado's but that was not enough for me. I wanted hard hitting quality subs like the ones I had already. Anyway, that was a difficult task and no one wanted to help me out. My solution was to raise the back seats 1.5 inches so that I can get the propper depth for the subs and get the right amount of airspace. To do this I had to cut the factory seat bolts in half, get a nut that was 1.5' tall, screw rethread into that to make the existing bolt longer. Then I made aluminum blocks to fit snugly around that so that the seats had a sturdy/ safe base to sit on.

Anyway, then it was off to get the custom fiberglass box to fit in TWO Kicker 10' L7's that are capable of pushing 700w a piece.

Before all this I had the entire truck Dino-matted so that I dont have the getto rattle when my sereo is pushing serious volume. All 4 doors, the roof, the floor, rear wall and the fire wall got some matting, which also reduces the road noise from my big tires.

My favorite thing about my stereo system is that Window Shoppers taking a peek wouldnt even know that all this has been done. Everything but the head unit (kenwood DVD/NAV) looks stock.

Curious Onlookers See nothing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My door speakers are FOCAL K2 series
    ~Fronts are 6.5'
    ~Rear are 5.25'

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  2. ScReWs®lOoSe

ScReWs®lOoSe Rockstar

[​IMG]

Subs and midrange speakers are powered by two AUDISON LRx series Amps
    ~1.1k which pushes about 1100 watts at a 1 ohm load
    ~4.1k putting just over 200 watts a channel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. ScReWs®lOoSe

ScReWs®lOoSe Rockstar

All this is fronted by a Kenwood DNX 7100
    ~In dash DVD/NAV
    ~Also connected is my 80gig Ipod stuffed with all kinds of goodies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NAVIGATION

[​IMG]

And of Course the DVD "KILL BILL VOL 1"

[​IMG]

Since I have nothing better to do than spend $$$ on this truck the head reast DVD screens will be added shortly after the Headers and Superchip Power Programmer.

Of course the pics will follow shortly.
  4. Duramax04

Duramax04 Rockstar

That is sweet. Like the way you done the amps. Thats clean and out of sight.:great:
  5. KingRyda

KingRyda New Member

yea... about those amps.. how did u mount them like that? pretty freak'n fresh!
  6. ScReWs®lOoSe

ScReWs®lOoSe Rockstar

They are screwed into the back wall and then you get some wood to make the cover for it. We just measured it to fit the back wall perfectly, cut out holes for the amps to sit in it flush, carpeted the whole thing, and hid all the wiring behind it. Anyway, I just noticed that the pics of my sub's didnt show up

Here are the subs under the back seat:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The back seats also had to be slightly modified. If you flip the seats I took out the carpeting undernieth since there is a 5' gap between the actual seat/springs and the fabric so that I can get even more space for the box. Hopefully that made sense... anyway... There it is!
  7. no0b123

no0b123 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Very nice. I need to upgrade my generic sub woofers. Whats the model number on those Kickers, and would you say there good?
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

very nice very nice.... those kickers are great subs by the way
  9. ScReWs®lOoSe

ScReWs®lOoSe Rockstar

Just ask for KICKER L7's and they will know what you are talking about.

Try gonig to http://www.kicker.com/06/kicker_home.html for more info. You can also put in your zip code to find out where you can purchase Kicker products near you.

I personally LOVE these things; however, I have had Rockford Fosgate before and they were pretty awesome too. With subs, dont go cheap, you will just blow them and have to buy new ones and nothing beats the sound quality of a good sub. It doesnt matter if you listen to ROCK, COUNTRY, RAP, JAZZ, whatever, the sound quality is awesome.

Ask around because just like brands of cars, people prefer different things.

I like these because you dont need a huge box for airspace, although the more the better, and they are as shallow in depth as they can be for the amount of power they put out. That way you can have a little bit easier time stuffing them into a truck.
  10. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Thread Killer Extraordinaire Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I like my JL Audio 10W6. It's a small sub with a factory reccomended tiny box, and it can run 500 watts RMS with awesome quality sound. For amps, I go with nothing but Clif Designs. Little known company, but in my opinion, they are the Linksys of the car audio world. In my car, I run a Clif amp and a pair of Sony xplod 10s which sound pretty good, not terrific, but for 100 bucks for the pair of subs and the box, you can't beat it...