Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Story, Just need to get this off of my chest

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Camaro69car, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

So I know I will probably never meet any of you, but here is my story / Battle with Depression

It all started when I was 10 years old and moved from NJ to South East Ohio. Not only dealing with the culture shock, losing most of my friends, and not fitting in, I was bullied at school on a daily basis because I was a "City boy". after about 6 months of dealing with all that I found myself isolating myself from the rest of the world. After living there for 4 years, My family moved yet again to Northern Kentucky, and once again, I lost what little friends I had in Ohio, just to start over again. This also started my isolation again. After High school I found what seemed like the woman of my dreams, who after 4 months of dating, decided she wanted another kid (she got pregnant by someone else at 16) and completely stopped her birth control without telling me. After breaking that off, she proceded to stalk me at home and at my workplace. After about 2 months of this, I decided to move to VA. which was the hardest thing to do in my life, leaving behind someone I still loved to move to the unknown. After being down here for about 2 1/2 months, I had had enough. Haven't had much luck in finding employment, couldn't join the military due to a medical condition, savings account was running dry (over 10K when I left for VA). This was my darkest hour so to speak. I had taken my shotgun (which I no longer own due to obvious reasons) put it up to my chin and pulled the trigger, and by some miracle, it didn't go off. Shortly after that happened, all of my family members who had disowned me due to my ex-girlfriend, had called to see if I was okay. Since then I have broken free of these shackles of depression, found a job, have a great soon-to-be Fiance', and am loving life. Even living paycheck to paycheck doesn't bother me.

As far as why I am posting this on here is to let others who may be having a rough time, and down on their luck to just hold on. I'm glad that I am alive today, and I try my best to help others.

God let me live for a reason, and what that is I will never know.

If anyone needs someone to talk to please PM me, Don't travel the same road I did, It's not pretty, and the only one you'll be hurting is the one's who love/care about you.

-Jason
  2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Thank you Jason! I don't care if anyone understands but I love you for putting yourself out there like that. I will one day put out my story.
  3. Curky

My main thing because I am real close. The dude that ****ed up my life is due to a release in the next year and I pray I do not do what I promised myself I will do my whole life...
  4. MrJ52

MrJ52 New Member

Im speechless, Something to say about putting yourself out there, Powerful
  5. Curky

RIGHT?.. [MENTION=64702]MrJ52[/MENTION] that is deep. Very, some people might not get it but it does mean a lot to put it out there like that...
  6. Curky

@Comaro69car has gained so much respect from me. I just can't go there yet because I might be the bad guy in a year or two.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
  7. Curky

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  8. Curky

[MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] sorry to call you Into this but why can't I tag him....
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

because you spelled it wrong! lol it is camaro not comaro @Camaro69car
  10. Curky

Lol, see I knew you would tell me the truth. lol hope all is well with you.