My Story, Just need to get this off of my chest

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Camaro69car, Dec 20, 2013.

1. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Been there, doing that. Counselors help though

2. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I have seen many In my life. They dud help me to a point but. .... A few problems. Of they won't give me what I need from. Brain surgery (the nerves that got messed up) than I want nothing... I have dealt with things my whole life and have managed. But sometimes things get the best of you. I'm great and fine. Really guys. I appreciate the concern from people like you.

3. the phantom

the phantom Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

Great to hear you all got through it. All I can say is be carefull of the Meds that are prescribed for depression. One in particular is Wellbutrin I think it is. I watched my girlfriend go from depression to almost siezure like fits of rage after the Dr. doubled her dosage because she thought it wasnt working well enough. We no longer go to that Dr. and happy to say that she is on no meds for it now and found that she was gluten sensitive causing much of the problem. Several family deaths in a year was also major contributer. Grandmother,stepmother and father.
    The Dr.s really dont know what will work and wont. It depends on chemical makeup of the individual and it seems they play russian roullette with the meds. The side affects sometimes are worse than the depression itself ex. nightmares, repeat of unpleasant dreams, dreams that make no sense. insomnia, lack of appetite, ect.
    It is also very hard on loved ones around someone with depression. Very strenuous on relationships and can often end in breakup/divorce. It definitely helps to talk to loved ones about it rather than keeping it bottled up. Very difficult to understand if you have never experienced it or lived and loved someone with it. Just remember its like the brain has the flu. Feed it the right thoughts and it will cure itself. It will always get better.

4. Curky

Curky Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Understood and been in most my past life. Wellbutrin was the one that work the most for me. It is different for everybody. It is like mining chemicals in the sink with one of them blind. I flashed ever med I was on my 18th birthday. Because I could not pay for any (don't mean I be leave in Obamacare). Took a couple of weeks but I have been doing good since for the most pary.

5. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Sorry for the late reply, got home from work, cooked me some steak and eggs, and layed down for a bit. Curkey if you ever need anyone to talk to let me know. I know its hard to open up to a complete stranger, but sometimes it helps to just get it off your chest.

As far as whats happening in the next year, dont land yourself in jail. You seem like a good guy curky, plus you have better things to worry about than some punk. Pm me if you want to talk/text. And that goes for anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

This wasnt even about respect. I just wanted people to realize that people that you would never realize are carrying around so much weight and dont know how to get it off their chest.

Also just wanted everyone on here to realize I am real, and I am not ashamed of who I am, or what I've done. God has made us all unique and given everyone a different experience.

Thank you everyone for at least reading what ive had to say, i wish depression didnt exist. But it does, and sometimes just a simple wave or how are you doing can really make someones day.

Once again thank all of you. It means a lot. I would give up all my money just to know what someones made of.

6. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

God let me live for a reason, and what that is I will never know.

Camaro - Just my 2 cents worth on the above from your original post. The reason your Maker let you live is so you can help someone else with this or similar conditions. And you proved it by being brave and caring enough to share your story.

7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

exactly. It takes a solid pair a stones to do what you've done. It truly is a monumental accomplishment. Thank you.

8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Glad that you're out of the dungeon of depression. No fun, I think that many of us have been there, just not to that level.

9. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I just want to let everyone know that it is possible to dig yourself out of your hole, and start waking up and looking at all the wonderful things happening in my life, rather than focusing on the bad things that have happened in the past.

Life is a roller coaster, you can either be scared of every bump, twist, and turn. Or you can hop up front and enjoy the ride.