Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My tail gate won't open.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by chevy_fan, Jul 12, 2009.

1. chevy_fan

chevy_fan New Member

I know it's the plastic peace :grrrrrr: that attaches the handle to the rod on the passenger side, but I need the tail gate this weekend and the dealer ships are closed. Any ideas for a temp fix??
    How would I go about fixing the problem?? Thanks.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

pop the handle off on the tailgate and see what is causing this problem. It's most likely something easy.
  3. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I almost guarantee it's a little plastic clip inside the handle. Pretty easy to get to once you pull the handle cover off. One clip is red and one is green. If you need to do a temp fix, put a zip tie on the one that is broken and clip the tail so it doesn't get in the way. You may have to figure eight the tie so that it will stay. Sorry I replied so late. Haven't been on in a while due to work and classes. Let me know if you have any questions or need a pic or something.

-Greg
  4. SledHead

SledHead Rockstar

i know the autozone near me has the handle and linkage on the shelf. try autozone or anyother auto parts store
  5. detailjohn

detailjohn Rockstar 100 Posts

zip tye works good, still on my handle...