1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Trailblazer and a long introduction!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by trailblazer58, Jun 11, 2008.

1. trailblazer58

trailblazer58 New Member

I'm living in Nebraska at this time.

It's a 2005 LT 4x4 with most of the goodies I bought brand new during the employee discount sale. I bought it right off the showroom floor (a first for me) I've never been this spoiled! Never had heated leather memory seats, XM, On Star w/hands free phone, or climate control before. I never thought I needed them. Now I feel like they are really nice to have.

This Trailblazer is my first SUV and is by far the nicest vehicle I have ever owned and I love it! But basically I am just happy with a vehicle I do not have to work on. I do work on cars when I have to but it's more of a labor of hate than of love.

This is why I bought a Chevy and this engine: the I6 Vortex. I figure it's a very new GM engine and it has been on the world's top 10 best engines list for several years running. So it has to be a great engine. It has lots of innovation like drive by wire, no spark plug wires, 4 valves per cylinder and variable valve timing. So far so good at 61K miles.

I just would like to find out where the slight engine whine is coming from and that's why I posted for the first time yesterday (and received suggestions - thanks) I have been changing oil sort of according to what the computer says. I say sort of because I just don't have the heart to exceed 10,000 miles between oil changes. When I tell people I go 10K between oil changes they think I'm crazy - at least people who are interested in cars like guys. To give an example I did not change the oil at all through 50,000. I changed it at 49,900 and I have not changed it yet at almost 11,000 but the computer says I have 27% oil life left. What makes me feel slightly better is that I only use synthetic oil and this baby holds a full 7 Quarts. Yes, 7 quarts and it's only a 6 cylinder. And it does not burn even a fraction of one drop in between oil changes.

To Toyota: Eat your heart out because this engine is only in your dreams if you know how to copy good, which you don't! Toyota you need to keep putting Infiniti engines in your race cars because you made the right decision there. Your engines are junk! (my little Toyota rant for the day!) :lol:

Attached Files:

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! :sign0016:

I broke up your post into paragraphs to make it easier to read. :great:
  3. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  5. Pete95Sierra