1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My trips to AZ.

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by howard_m18, Aug 24, 2009.

1. howard_m18

howard_m18 New Member

We go to AZ for the winter each year & YES we leave the snow in MI. I have a daughter with 2 of my 8 grandkids. in Phoenix,AZ. & we aqrrive 10/1 & stay till 4/30. We go as WORKAMPERS? As a WORKAMPER,you could be in maintence, houskeeping, activities & guard duty at the gate & such. In exchange for your work, your lot space is paid for. This could run anywhere from $350 all the way to $7-800 per month. In most jobs, your electricity is feee ($25-50 ) per month. Some even pay you if you work more than your agreed upon hours. We are 1 hour away from kids & since their work is consistant, we get to see them 2-3 times per week. It is the best of both worlds,REALLY. This is what retirement is all about. Our 35' 3 slide 5th wheel is kept down there as it cost us $35 per month versus $600 to bring it back home & back again.
  2. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

We have friends that do the same thing. We've considered it, but not right now. Where are you going to be "workamping" this year?
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

my grandparents do the same thing in Texas good way to save some money
  4. howard_m18

howard_m18 New Member

We have a chance to return to Arizona City. It is half way between Phoenix & Tuscon.
  5. howard_m18

howard_m18 New Member

We updated this yr so that we will be workamping in Apache Junction from 10/25/2010 till 4/1/2011. Looking forward to working? Howard