Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

My Truck ~ 2004 GMC Sierra EXT Z71 5.3 (Lots of Pics!)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by darnie1987, Jun 8, 2012.

1. darnie1987

darnie1987 Rockstar 100 Posts

Here are a few pic of my truck.... began modding it about 3.5 years ago. Finally got it about were i wanted it :)

Heres what She looks like now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

about a year and ahalf ago i decided it was time to ditch my shorties and throw these bad boys on
    [​IMG]

While in welding class i built my own box for my CAI worked out pretty good :)
    [​IMG]

Did a rough port job on my Throttle Body
    [​IMG]

After saving up for about 8 months i finally Got my cam put in
    [​IMG]

My latest mod was a set of custom heads from a guy at Hendricks racing with a matched Intake manifold

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Future mods: i plan on getting new gears eather 4:30's or 4:56's a cir_d 3000-3200 stall shift kit and new rims and tires :)

2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Wow, you've done a ton of work....very nice! With your engine/exhaust mods, how much of a difference is there with hp, mileage, etc.

3. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Now THAT'S how you mod a truck! A cold air intake and an exhaust system to provide the air that the ENGINE needs for it's mods. Nicely done!

4. darnie1987

Idk the exact numbers yet, im gunna guess around 370 to the wheels. i know it will out run a new camaro SS from a 30 roll :) i need to get a stall the because it doesnt come into power till about 2300 or so. once i get that ill hit the track and dyno and caller good:) im not to sure yet about town mpg but im getting about 22mpg on the highway ;0

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Btw thanks guys, its been a long journey. finally landed a steady job just dont make quite as much so mods are slow to come by. but everything on the truck minus the tune was done by me and my roomie. its a great truck and runs really well.

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Increased hp and still getting great mileage. Looks like you've found a winning combo. Great examples for others to learn from. Thanks for sharing!

6. darnie1987

7. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Wow I love what you have done, that cam sounds BA, bet even better with the heads, WHat kinda money you looking at for the heads anyway?

8. darnie1987

well the heads i got are roughly like the prc 2.5 heads. mine flow alittle better down low and they flow alittle better up top. the prc's are like $1300 but a buddie of mines friend hooked it up heads and matched manifold for $750

9. Scooter

Scooter Rockstar 100 Posts

Is that an escalade cluster?

10. darnie1987

ya its the escalade layout , but with white and blue lighting i love the trans temp gauge