1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

my truck broke down, something electrical...

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 383man, Jun 1, 2010.

1. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

[​IMG]

So My truck broke down while camping this memorial day weekend. had to have it towed to the dealership here in grangevill, idaho. it's something electrical, battery is good, but it wont try to start, radio wont work, windows wornt work, headlights do work, and the small in cab lights work. really strange. they're looking into it right now, but the funny part is that they are telling my that my power train warranty might not cover it cause it's lifted and it might void my warranty, what kind of crap is that, i called the dealership i bought it from and they said no, it only voids my suspension warranty, so i might have an argument on my hands. yay lol.
  2. blacknight97

blacknight97 Rockstar 100 Posts

im sorry to hear about it, your truck is really nice. when i was asking the dealership here in miami about warranty voids, they said it only voids the modification youve done to the truck. good luck keep us posted!
  3. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Thats a shame..sweet ride, Good luck
  4. 383man

no, they're A'holes lol. if your ever going through Grangeville, idaho, and need service done on your truck, don't stop into gortsema motors, keep on truckin to the next town lol. i've always had crappy service from them (i grew up here).
  5. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Sorry for your bad luck man. Sweet YFZ tho. I almost got one but came up short in money so i settled for a Raptor 660.
  6. 383man

raptors are damn nice too, my brother has a raptor 700
  7. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Im jelous of your bros 700. My 660 has dual carbs and jetting and tuning two carbs gets old after a while. Hes got fuel injection and all he has to do is hook a tuner up to it.
  8. 383man

ya it's pretty nice, the fuel injection is sweet, no choke, or adjusting all the time. but i can smoke him still on the 450 lol.
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Start researching the Magnusen Moss warranty act, than arm yourself with portions of it that concern your particular situation for you next visit to the dealership.
    Dealers make more money on a consumer repair than they do on a warranty repair and their not above charging you for something that should be covered.
    Warranty repair payout averages about $35 an hour paid by GM, consumer repair pays anywhere from $60 to $90 an hour.
    The Magnusen Moss warranty act has a portion that specifies a warranty cannot be voided by aftermarket additions unless it can be proven as the direct cause of the normally covered parts failure.
    Sounds like your home dealership is familiar with this act, the dealer your visiting may just be trying to take advantage because your from out of town and the logistics to get home could be expensive so its easier to pay him than argue.
    Give'em hell
  10. 383man

i think that's exactly how they roll too, they were talking like it wouldn't be covered, but now that they couldn't figure out the issue on their own and had to call GM for troubleshooting advice, they told me it will be 100% covered, basically now that big brother knows about it they have to use the warranty, i hate shady dealerships. but, at least now its on them.