1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

my truck was stolen

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by dsrtne1, Apr 2, 2009.

1. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

This is probably the worst feeling ever. At this point I'm sure my truck is up on cinder blocks stripped down to nothing, possibly having already been rolled or jumped. Actually i'm sure that was the case 30 minutes after it was stolen from my school parking lot in La Habra,CA yesterday. I'm really in a weird situation right now because i'm not sure if i want the police to recover it or to hope i never see it again. If they find it, insurance will give me enough money to repair it but it will not be enough to get it back to how i had it. If they dont find it, insurance will send me a check for a new truck. I just turned 16 in february and this truck is the love of my life. I put all of my life savings into it and now im truckless. Has anyone else been in this situation?
  2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Damn man...I'm sorry to hear that. I've never had anything like that happen before. Hopefully they'll catch someone driving it before they get a chance to tear into it!
  3. dsrtne1

That would be amazing but right now is exactly the 24 hour mark so its not likely.
  4. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you the truck insured with everything on it or just the basic stock stuff?
    Good luck and I hope you get it back in one piece without any damage.
  5. dsrtne1

Its insured as stock but they said they would credit me an extra $1000 for the aftermarket stuff if I get receipts to them so I'm working on getting them from the previous owner
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sorry man! :neutral:

I've had my trucks broken into and other guys have had them stolen. It's a bad feeling and you'll feel sick, then you'll be mad, then you'll settle down and figure out the right thing to do. Just get what you can from it and move on when you're able to with a new truck.
  7. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Am so extremely sorry to hear. It's a worse feeling than having your truck/car totalled in an accident. Please keep us updated on this.
  8. 81monster

81monster New Member

bummer

that sucks man im sorry that was a sweet truck
  9. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Dang dude sorry about that
  10. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow, if i found out who stole it, i'm afraid i would lose it on them. Hope it doesn't take too long to find it, and i hope it gets found in mint condition. If it was stolen at school, there had to be people who seen someone drive away with it, or something. Put posters up at your school and around the area. You'd be surprised on the help you get from people.