1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My truck wont start

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by dustintreibel, Mar 11, 2009.

1. dustintreibel

dustintreibel New Member

I have a 1999 Gmc Sierra 4x4, ex cab, reg bed, with 170000 miles. The truck will turn over and run for about a second or two. If you try to press the gas pedal in that time it will die right away. I have tried a tune up that didnt work and then i tried changeing the fuel pump and it still does the same thing. It has been in Colorado its entire life. Can anyone help me with my truck?

Since my post the other day i have changed the fuel filter and tried my old mass air flow sensor to see if that is my problem. The weather has been very nice and mild ever since my truck stoped working on 2/7/09. Well it still didnt work. and it was suggested to me to change my cap and rotor but this engine does not have those it is a coil over set up. Any other suggestions would be helpful.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Preferred Customers Save Up To 25% Across The Board On ALL Amsoil Products.

Sounds like you may have some clogged injectors or something in the fuel supply clogged.
  3. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Have you guys experienced warm temperature then cold temperature? If so, you might have gotten condensation in your gas tank, and then fed into your gas lines and then they froze up, leading to ice in the line restricting how much gas is going into your carburetor. Causing your engine to stall when your engine requires more gas.

Just a thought?
  4. mjalstad

mjalstad Rockstar 100 Posts

There's about 100 things this could be. Maybe the MAF
  5. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

replace your distributer cap and check your battery and altenator.