1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy - Pitbull

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bzboardco, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Rockstar 100 Posts

Not a huge fan of pit bull terrier dogs, (is it Pitbull or Pit Bull?), mostly becuase of the way that people raise then and what they train them to do. But, at the same time, I really don't have anything against them either. They are agressive, but a lot of that is trained into them. Sort of like a person that trains to get a boxer, but is raised in a bad home, he ends up having the body to do damage and the mindset to not care. See the difference between the photos below, some look like a guard dog, some look like a dog ready to play with kids.

Anyhow, this thread was about something abnormal though, with some type of genetic difference causing extra muscle mass. It's very interesting overall I think.

Pitbull Dog Photos

american-pit-bull-terrier.jpg
    American%20Pit%20Bull%20Terrier%5B20%5D.jpg
    RedNosedAmericanPitBullTerrierWDT_AcD110.jpg
    l_91967.jpg
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

These may in fact not be photoshopped, considering all of the advances in micro-biology that have occurred in the past generation, maybe they're just getting that close to identifying and isolating the various parts of the genome that make up muscle mass, etc. Would be freaky to see stuff like this common in the next generation.
  3. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You're right, Steve. They're certainly NOT photoshopped. I had that exact picture of the bull opening the chapter in one my Biology books a few years back. The chapter proceeded to talk about how the absence of some particular something causes an almost unstoppable amount of muscle growth just from the easiest tasks. As you can tell, I don't remember much about it.
  4. ChevyFan

People love these animals, this is one of the most viewed threads on this website.
  5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Are you serious!? That actually kind of surprises me. I wonder how many people go to Google to look up information on this and end up finding a bunch of GM enthusiasts talking about how little they know about it. LoL.
  6. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar 100 Posts

Maybe I think they're cute! Maybe I'll get one.
  7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Photo-chops on the dogs IMO.
  8. ChevyFan

let's keep this thread on pitbulls going. :)
  9. ChevyFan

Still think these are some crazy photos, just amazing how much website traffic we get from them.
  10. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I am certain the first photo, the one with the bull was not photo shopped. If it had been, the woman would have insisted that her butt be made to look smaller.................