1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mysterious Noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Sawfish, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Sawfish

Sawfish New Member

I have a 1993 2500 Suburban, 454 engine with four wheel drive, HD towing package, and 160,000 miles. After a trip to the Nevada desert, I noticed a buzzing/grinding noise coming from what I perceive to be the firewall on the drivers side. The noise is not constant i.e. sometimes it is not present. The noise picks up slightly in intensity on acceleration and decreases when coasting. I first thought the speedometer cable might need cleaning/lubrication because of ther desert pumice dust, but I read somewhere that the speedometer is electric.

The cruise control and the master cylinder are in this area, but I cannot hear the noise when the truck is parked. I have driven the truck over 3,000 since this started, and do not notice any other problems other than the power mirror on the drivers side stopped working about the same time. Any ideas?
  2. Big6ft6

Big6ft6 New Member

Were you driving over plants and brush? Is there any chance there is a peice of dry plant material wedged somewhere that when you get going the wind hits it just right and it buzzing/vibrating or rubbing on something that makes a buzzing sound?

did you drive over any colonies of killer bees?:gasp: