1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Mysterious Oil Leak

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Selbona, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Selbona

Selbona New Member

I've got a 2001 Silverado 1500, 4.3, Automatic. I've got an oil leaking coming from the back of the engine and dripping down the bellhousing. I can't see back there even with it on ramps and using an inspection mirror. Anybody got any idea where it can be coming from before I start taking things apart? Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to GMTC. Most of us check the "Todays Posts" tab to see what's new so there usually isn't a need to post in more than one area.

Leaks at the rear can be tough to isolate. Down low I would suspect rear main seal or oil pan. From higher up the distributor, and the intake manifold are points to check.

Let us know what you find.:glasses:

==> New members please click here for tips to making your first few posts count! <==
  3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Active Member 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:glasses: I hope you find where it is coming from. Good Luck!