Name or part number for this type of retainer?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by SurrealOne, Jan 13, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have no idea what these retainers are called, but several sizes of them are used on our vehicles and I'm looking to get some of each size. Can anyone help with either their name or the various part numbers used on our vehicles for the sizes that are used?

retainer.jpg

2. shibby2oo8

shibby2oo8 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Harness retainer or hold down, best bet is to go to a junk yard and pocket a few. I dont think you would be able to get them without a harness or they will be stupid money. Any gm from the last 20 years should have a bunch underhood. found these on ebay after typing that, http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-GM-Wire-Loom-Routing-Clips-12040984-/400261191260 , these are different but bigger http://www.repairconnector.com/products/Winged-Clips-For-Wiring-Harness-And-Loom-Tubing-%252d-3%7B47%7D8%22-ID.html ,

I always do a google image search then click on pics until I find a store selling them

3. shibby2oo8

Im going to pullapart tomorrow and i can grab some if you havent found any. How many do you need?

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Thanks, guys. I needed two and a local friend hooked me up!

5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Pull a part for the world, I've got drawers of relays, connectors, fasteners whatever. Priceless, I spend a lot of money there too>

BTW- Dealer charges about 0.50 each for those, but If you get to be friends with the parts guy a lot of times they will just give you a handful.

6. shibby2oo8

When i was there i was temped to cut out a bunch of fuse blocks just for the fuses and relays but it was cold and i was defeated by not getting the part so i left.

7. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida Member 2 Years 100 Posts