1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Name That Truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AMac, Mar 14, 2012.

1. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

People commonly give names to their trucks and they also go as far as assigning gender. Why do we do this? A lot of times names are given to older trucks because you want to call out the name in order to get them to start, or get you to a destination without breaking down.
    As I thought about this whole idea, I realized I never named my new truck.
    Is she...oh wait I think I just assigned gender..
    Okay now I have to give her a name

Throughout the forum I've seen members name their trucks even when they are not old and likely to break down.
    Do you have a name for your truck/SUV? If so, what is it and do you have a boy or a girl?
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Misty... :great:
  3. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Black Widowmaker
  4. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

But I hate when it mists cause that means my shiny truck is getting wet which results in water spots and more work for me.

I really need to stop getting black trucks...lol
    Thank you for the suggestion!

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

The question is not "what should I name my truck" it's "Do you have a name for your truck/SUV? If so, what is it and do you have a boy or a girl?"

So c'mon C what do you call your rig? Money Ballah?
  5. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I named mine Xena. Xena Warrior Truck. I started to name it Cheyenne, but since it's a Silverado, I thought that she might object to that.
  6. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I responded with a suggestion to help you name your truck because my truck's name has yet to come to me. (All of my vehicles tend to name themselves in due time .. something happens, a name gets used, and it sticks. It's that simple.)
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

never really been into naming them, but they are usually female.

i will say come on girl from time to time. (usually when im about to get stuck, or when she gets sideways....)

my wife has named all of her cars, but she has a knack for it, me, its just "the truck"

Alex
  8. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

My '99 Suburban spent many years towing a custom built pig roaster. The prior owner is a cookout and party caterer. The Suburban is known as "The Pig Bus".
    Given the many tiny issues I have had with it since I bought it in January, and it's tempermental attitude, I think The Pig Bus is female.
  9. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

10. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Funny that this topic should come up today. I was thinking about this very thing earlier today. My daughter named my last truck "Buddy Truck"... Then she named my van "Buddy Van", and apparently the wife's Prius is? RIGHT! "Buddy Car!"...

When thinking of a name for my new truck, I pondered the fact that it is green and that it is a 6 cylinder... You know... "Going Green" and all of that jazz... So about half way through my thought process, I shifted gears into "Why bother to give the truck a name anyhow?" I know, the TV shows that do the project builds name their projects; (Sergeant Rock, The Banshee, Copperhead, Crazy Horse etc.), but my truck is and will remain mostly stock. Any of the upgrades I do to it will be to bring it back closer to original condition. Sooo... I stopped with the "Think of a name" process. If it gets one at some point and it sticks, that's cool, but I am no longer pursuing a "name" for it.

As for the gender... I seem to regard my vehicles as being male... Kind of a... Hmmm... "buddy", as my 7 year old seems to name all of them.

I have had other vehicles with names that were not "Buddy" this or that... Here is "Big Joe":

[​IMG]

Big Joe was actually a trim package that Isuzu came up with for their pick up trucks in the late 80s to compete with Nissan's "Desert Runner" package. It was never offered on Troopers, but it sort of fit this one.

This one was known as "The QRV". In the fire service, that stands for "Quick Response Vehicle".

[​IMG]

This one was just plain old "Bubba"

[​IMG]
    Bubba was a well equipped rescue truck and was used in many land search rescues.
    [​IMG]

So at this point, I have kind of abandoned the "Name The Truck" game. If it has a name, I will find out what it is in time!