Name That Truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AMac, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

My wife named my truck Big Red

2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Mine's Black Betty, course I just call her Betty. Kinda started with my GPS a few years back. My wife was an Aviation Electronics Technician- O level who worked on the Legacy F/A-18C's. In the aircraft, there's a computer that gives the pilots verbal warnings (altitude, collision, Radar lock-ons, etc...) that the crews lovingly referred to as Bitchin Betty. Well, as my GPS had a habit of "recalculating" my route, always bitchin at me, it became known as Bitchin Betty as well (was usin the female aussie voice). Not long after I bought the '10 Sierra, the song "Black Betty" came on and my GPS Recalculated...Name's stuck ever since.
    Kinda goes without sayin that my truck's a girl. Mainly because she's always wearin her black dress, she likes expensive things, and she can be fickle if I don't treat her right. Of course, she always gets me home and turns a few heads in the process! :great:

3. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

You dont want to know what i call mine when i pull up to the Gas pump.:rofl:

4. ljmueller

ljmueller Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Some friends named it purple rain when I first got it. Now, after the mods, it's purple pain.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

:lol:Too funny!

6. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Yes thank you for the suggestion SurrealOne. Given my addiction to accessorizing her, I'm thinking of calling her "savings drainer".

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

So if her full name is Black Betty, is her nick name BB?

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

When I first got my truck, she started off with the same name as my wife's so that I would never mix one up with the other. That lasted for about a day as my wife was not happy about it nor did she think it was funny. The idea still makes me laugh though.

I also tried to do the same thing with our cat when she first got it.

8. thats too funny!

9. JnBama

JnBama Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Names may have started from when horses and mules were used or carried over from ships and trains to airplanes , automobiles and trucks. Sure names where given to different types of machines of how they ran and brokedown. I drove a Mack with straight pipes that was turned wide open named Wild Thang, An old Ford truck that was sold between friends and I was OL Bess. my dads med.duty Dodge Big Red, Big Bruiser a big 4x4 Ford. The old International I drive now OH U Bi###!

10. silveron

silveron New Member