1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Name That Truck

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by AMac, Mar 14, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My wife named my truck Big Red
  2. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos New Member 100 Posts

Mine's Black Betty, course I just call her Betty. Kinda started with my GPS a few years back. My wife was an Aviation Electronics Technician- O level who worked on the Legacy F/A-18C's. In the aircraft, there's a computer that gives the pilots verbal warnings (altitude, collision, Radar lock-ons, etc...) that the crews lovingly referred to as Bitchin Betty. Well, as my GPS had a habit of "recalculating" my route, always bitchin at me, it became known as Bitchin Betty as well (was usin the female aussie voice). Not long after I bought the '10 Sierra, the song "Black Betty" came on and my GPS Recalculated...Name's stuck ever since.
    Kinda goes without sayin that my truck's a girl. Mainly because she's always wearin her black dress, she likes expensive things, and she can be fickle if I don't treat her right. Of course, she always gets me home and turns a few heads in the process! :great:
  3. marko54

marko54 New Member 100 Posts

You dont want to know what i call mine when i pull up to the Gas pump.:rofl:
  4. ljmueller

ljmueller New Member 100 Posts

Some friends named it purple rain when I first got it. Now, after the mods, it's purple pain.
  5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:lol:Too funny!
  6. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Yes thank you for the suggestion SurrealOne. Given my addiction to accessorizing her, I'm thinking of calling her "savings drainer".

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

So if her full name is Black Betty, is her nick name BB?
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

When I first got my truck, she started off with the same name as my wife's so that I would never mix one up with the other. That lasted for about a day as my wife was not happy about it nor did she think it was funny. The idea still makes me laugh though.

I also tried to do the same thing with our cat when she first got it.
  8. roughcntryrado

roughcntryrado New Member

thats too funny!
  9. jnbama

jnbama Member 100 Posts

Names may have started from when horses and mules were used or carried over from ships and trains to airplanes , automobiles and trucks. Sure names where given to different types of machines of how they ran and brokedown. I drove a Mack with straight pipes that was turned wide open named Wild Thang, An old Ford truck that was sold between friends and I was OL Bess. my dads med.duty Dodge Big Red, Big Bruiser a big 4x4 Ford. The old International I drive now OH U Bi###!
  10. silveron

silveron New Member