1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nashville on my mind

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by donyms, May 11, 2012.

1. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Update: I have an interview Tuesday morning with Amazon's fulfillment center that is now under construction in Murfreesboro, TN. I am interviewing for the position of Technician III. I don't have the job yet nor do I know when it will start if I am so lucky as to get it. Then there is the matter of figuring out how to move 8 hours away. Moving is very expensive and I am kind of strapped for cash now. I am praying that I will get a good sale soon with my business, one good sale could wipe away all my worries. I am very excited about moving to this area because I have heard so many good things about it. I am going to be moving there anyway if I am able to swing it because I know there are allot of jobs there for me if I were already there. I will be looking for a house to rent that has a garage or at least a carport and a fenced back yard is mandatory because of my 2 dogs. 2 -3 bedrooms are needed and I prefer to live in an area where the houses are not on top of each other but I could live with that for now if needed. I am still open for suggestions, Ideas or any input you may have. Thanks to all who have helped, please keep it up. :glasses:
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Good luck on the interview. Moving is always an interesting thing. When we moved to NC from PA we were strapped for cash also. We had a mortgage in PA and rent in NC. I am not sure how we made it work but we did. Again good luck and safe travels.
  3. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:glasses: The Best of luck with the interview, just be yourself and I think you will be a shoe in:)
  4. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

good luck with your interview, best bet about houses is a real estate company you'll probably end up renting from one anyway
  5. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

jnbama hit the nail on the head there. I'll be going through the same thing in a few months. He knows what he's talking about... Good luck with the interview though...
  6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Good luck on your new adventure. Uhaul, Ryder and penske all seem to have a range of trucks to rent. For much less than a moving company
  7. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well, another update. I didn't make it to the interview because my flight was canceled due to weather in Atlanta. I was going yesterday on a shoestring budget and a prayer and after the flight being postponed I contacted the company and explained that I would have to make some more money before rescheduling the interview, that was so embarrassing. It was a real letdown for me as I had spent 3 days preparing for this interview and spent $100 but I'm sure everything will work out in the end. :glasses:
  8. JnBama

JnBama Active Member 3 Years 500 Posts

Sorry it didn't work out for you, check Huntsville, AL and Decatur has lots of industry , companies are building and moving into this area
  9. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully another door opens up.
  10. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ugh, that's lame.