1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Nasty Panels

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by cyberpine, Jul 22, 2009.

1. cyberpine

cyberpine Rockstar

I hate carpet and fur...

After 30 years - carpet, fur and cloth on something like a door is beyond cleaning.

On my new project truck 87 C10, One of my first two problems required I remove the door panel... a missing lock pin and a door that sometimes won't open.. quickly after pulling the panel off, both were fixed in short order.. but I have no intention of putting everything back to stock. I'm still pondering exactly what I will do.

here's the original nasty panel and that hideous rug underneith.

[​IMG]

here;s what's behind the panel

[​IMG]

here's my panel stripped of the nastyness and cleaned up .. great bones.

[​IMG]

The Plan

[​IMG]

Not sure where I will get a handle that fits/works.. thinking either hardwood or stainless steel. I also don't have a cupholder in mind yet.

Any ideas for the handles and the cupholder? I'm planning to paint the full panel black anyways so any plastic will be uniform.

I checked and aftermarket panels will run about $200 minimum.. and none seem to cover the fur on the bottom which I can't stand.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2009