1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

navigation shut down

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by whatugonnado, Aug 26, 2007.

1. whatugonnado

whatugonnado New Member

Does anybody know how to change the setting or fix the system that shuts down being able to input things into the navigation once you go over 5 mph? 2006 Suburban
  2. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member

my mistake.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2007
  3. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member

I would think you would have to get a fiche (basically wiring digram) and locate the trigger wire to sensor vehicle speed, then get rid of that, or run it to your glove box or where ever prefered and hook it up tp a switch. One thing though, make sure that trigger wire is soley used to trigger! not anything else!
  4. whatugonnado

whatugonnado New Member

Thanks. Good idea.
  5. Rumpamuro

Rumpamuro New Member

let us know how it went!
  6. TahoeFever

TahoeFever New Member

isnt that sensor option on the older trucks now it's run by GPS?
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Not sure, I know the 2007 factory GPS systems do the same thing, you have to be going slow to enter new addresses, etc. However you can spend hours clicking on all the other little features.