1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NBS 08 - Adding Sub - Need Help

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Never Enough, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Never Enough

Never Enough New Member

In my 04 Silverado we tapped into the wires running to the back speakers with a high-pass converter to RCA's and ran them to the amp for "sound". I am a bit nervous though with my 08 because of the On Star and side air bags. Can I tap into the rear door speakers on the 08's like I did with the 04? I'm not wanting a loud system. I have a simple little amp and a 10" sub that just rounds out the stock sound system. I want to keep the factory deck which of course doesn't have RCA Preouts .... I assume.
    Anyone that has done something similar, please chime in with suggestions.
  2. Zabob44

Zabob44 New Member

I don't get what your concerned with? Where to put the sub and amp or cutting into the speaker wire?
  3. raisor87

raisor87 New Member

4. Never Enough

Never Enough New Member

I'm wondering if its alright to tap into the wires on the 08 like we did on the 04. We just spliced in (t-style) on the drivers side under the carpet edging in the door opening. I know a lot of the newer vehicles it can be a little tricky. I dont want to loose the onstar function.
    If anyone has done it already, I am interested in how they went about it.
    I'll check out that site. Thank you.
  5. adamd913

adamd913 New Member

I tapped into the driver side rear door speaker and mounted my amp behind the rear seat against the back wall and it works great. You actually only have to remove the plastic on the upright between the front and back door to find the speaker wire. My amp even came with the splice. I got 2-12" and a nice box built. Let me know if you need help or pictures.

Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
    Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2008