1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Nbs Tahoe Non Bose 8" Rear Sub Box

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by koretex, Sep 4, 2013.

1. koretex

koretex New Member

This is the stock box that comes in the non Bose stereo Tahoe. If you have the Bose stereo and need more bass, but don't want anything visible, then this is perfect. Mine has a JL Audio 8w1 sub in it.

[​IMG] Reduced: 66% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Reduced: 66% of original size [ 1024 x 768 ] - Click to view full image
    [​IMG]

It's big, heavy, and going to be a pain to box and ship and since I'm nervous about shipping a speaker that can be easily damaged I'm going to insure it for $100 so...

$100 shipped CONUS
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Where are you located at? What's the weight on that thing, and that's the oem box? Where does it fit? I thought that was supposed to be an under-seat configuration.
  3. koretex

koretex New Member

37923, feels like a gallon of milk so I'd guess between 6-10lbs, on a NBS tahoe it goes behind the fake speaker grille in the rear. I do not think it will work on anything other than a NBS Tahoe with the Bose stereo.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I wonder if it would fit in my NBS yukon xl with bose. I have that fake speaker grate back there.
  5. koretex

koretex New Member

I have read elsewhere that they are a different size. I have no idea how to confirm or find this information though. I would go with no just to be safe though. If you would still like it I would be more than happy to sell it to you :)
  6. JBILLA86

JBILLA86 New Member

Is this still available??