1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NBS towing mirrors on OBS truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by cmc474, Jul 30, 2012.

1. cmc474

cmc474 New Member

Just picked up a new 2005 2500 6.6 and it has the stock power folding mirrors. Do the NBS towing mirrors fit? the ones that don't have that weird rake?

thx
  2. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

[​IMG]

Do you mean these ^^^^?
  3. cmc474

cmc474 New Member

Yes those mirrors. But the OBS mirrors have a slant to them and the NBS mirrors are level when on the truck. I am wondering if you can put the NBS mirrors on an OBS truck.
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Ok I am trying to understand your definition to OBS and NBS years?

I know them as OBS are trucks from 88' to 98', NBS are trucks from 99' to 07' and NNBS are trucks from 07 to present.

Since you just bought a 05' that is a NBS to me. But to answer your question, No NNBS tow mirrors will not fit on the NBS. There will need to be trimming done on the base of the mirror.

Your tows are unlevel it sounds like, but you can fix that without buying new mirrors. Link below.

How to level Tow Mirrors