1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need 1986 GMC 4X4 front axle help!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by joemud, Oct 5, 2010.

1. joemud

joemud Rockstar

I have an 1986 GMC K15 Suburban and the front axle is messed up. I need a good place to go to so I can purchase everything from the front spindle to the locking hubs (excluding the rotors). Second, I need a good diagram of how all of it goes together. The inner axle shaft on the right side had been removed and then the hub reinstalled. I want to get this fixed before winter. Thanks for the help.

Joe
  2. inspectormatt

inspectormatt Member

O'Rielly Auto Parts or NAPA, etc.. will have the parts you need. I tore apart the front end on my 84 suburban and replaced all the parts years ago. I just followed the directions in the Chilton manual and had no problems, it wasn't difficult as far as I can remember.