1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Need a chevy expert 96 1500 trouble

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Bigbadbenton, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Bigbadbenton

Bigbadbenton New Member

Hi every one my names benton I'm new here I'm looking for help with my girl friends 96 silvarado 1500 I know no expert when it comes to Chevys I'm use to working on diesels and fords yes I'm a ford guy but that's besides the point lol I was suppose to work on her truck but instead her family desided to have a so called family friend work on it and he's had it for 3 weeks the truck went to him running it would throw a code the cps some times and it would run with a sputter and smelled like it was running rich but always ran never shut off or anything so I figured it was a leaking injector or somthing in the intake so this guy got it desided to replace the fuel pump it still had the stutter and he listened to me and pulled the intake and found there was a valve that was leaking and replaced it and it ran but not to how he liked and now it won't run at all he pressure tested the fuel pump and it's around 55 at idle and drops to 45 when reved but it stalls and won't stay running he now says it's the ECM but wouldn't that cause no spark of it was the ECM? Sounds more like a fuel problem to me but I have no clue to start and the truck is now coming to me since this guy monkeyed it up and I have to fix what ever he messed up. Does anyone have an idea of what it could be