Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

need a good manual 84 silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by oletrkguy, Oct 23, 2010.

1. oletrkguy

oletrkguy New Member

What is a good how to manual for a 1984 Silverado? I need one that explains removal of the heater core, heater motor, and other things like that.
    Also, my wipers work but the delay has quit working and I need to know where to start on getting that fixed.
    I have seen some manuals at local parts stores and they look to be okl, but I was wondering if there is a manual that goes a little deeper in depth with pictures. Thanks for the help....

2. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

If you can get ahold of a factory service manual, that would show you everything you'd ever want to know. Not likely on an 84, though.
    If you want to remove the heater core, just hop under the dash and remove every bolt holding the housing to the firewall. Then, go under the hood. There are two or three more on that side holding it. Then it'll just pop out. The rest is easy.

For the wipers, on that model the delay is controlled by the switch. Just replace the switch.